Central PA gathering

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2009
    My plan is a CDP and Pre from TPG2, the 565's, knight mono's, and a counterpoint SA-100 amps and the 9's. If someone wants me to wrestle the SVS in as well, I will.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2009
    I'm okay with not having the SVS, too. It might rouse the neighbors a bit too much :p. That, and I'd guess it's a beast to strongarm. Can't wait to hear those 565's strapped together for the 2's. I don't see them getting better than what they are on the 545, but then, I thought that about the 535, too!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    I'm okay with not having the SVS, too. It might rouse the neighbors a bit too much :p. That, and I'd guess it's a beast to strongarm. Can't wait to hear those 565's strapped together for the 2's. I don't see them getting better than what they are on the 545, but then, I thought that about the 535, too!

The 565s are going to make those 2's sing!
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    For anyone who decides they want to spend the night close, there's two hotels in a nearby town, right off i-80. One is a Super 8 that they just expanded, and the other is a brand new hotel that probably has rooms that have never been slept in... I just don't remember what chain it is.

There's also a Red Roof Inn a little ways down the street, but I might suggest you avoid it unless you're feeling adventurous and/or looking for a "good time"
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    edited June 2009
    aaaah! Red Roof happy endings huh? I'll pass, too old to catch any bugs at this point in my life!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    So far, the weather is looking good. Mid 70's and partly cloudy. I might see if I can borrow my brothers patio furniture to set up out in the carport for eatings time.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    edited June 2009
    I'll bring a few folding chairs and small tables.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    If anyone still needs the address, please PM ME!+
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2009
    Yea, send that stuff to me again. I spoke with Al today and we're solid, carpooling and bringing some goodies...mostly vaseline travelers and condoms with Polk logos. Why don't you put a short blurb together concerning date, time and length and I'll edit the original post. We plan on waking up on your front lawn so get ready Noah.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Yea, send that stuff to me again. I spoke with Al today and we're solid, carpooling and bringing some goodies...mostly vaseline travelers and condoms with Polk logos. Why don't you put a short blurb together concerning date, time and length and I'll edit the original post. We plan on waking up on your front lawn so get ready Noah.
    I'm driving 600 miles. I get dibs on the patch closest to the door.

and the condoms that haven't been used...
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    Official Final Organizational Post

Here's who's coming-

nadams
    milenko
    MuncyBob
    CLPolk
    dorokusai
    kab
    lazareath
    jdhdiggs
    lightman1
    NJPOLKER (???)
    scottnbnj (???)
    CaligulaPolk (???)

Time - Gathering officially starts at NOON on Saturday, June 13th. For those that are travelling, it's understandable if you arrive a little early. My door will be locked until 11am, so don't expect to start setting up your gear at 6. I'm sure you guys are resourceful enough to find a way in, but that'd be frowned upon.

Demos - Demos will start whenever they start. Things are going to be pretty laid back... whatever gear/music people want to listen to, is fine. We may end up moving the dining room table out under the carport to give another room to set up gear in.

Food - Food is still able to be decided on. Pizza was suggested... I'm also planning on pulling a bunch of beef out of the fridge to make into burgers for the grill. Beer will be available. I'll be picking up three cases of Yuengling. There will also be water, iced tea, and cans of soda for those who don't want to drink beer all day. Donations will be accepted to cover the cost of food, drink, ice, medical bills, and bail, but aren't mandatory.

Quitting time - Yes, all good things must come to an end. Official end of any "loud" demos should be around 9 or 10. By then, I'm expecting people to be about ready to crawl back from whence they came. If we end up hanging out later, that's cool too... I just don't want to be a nuisance late at night. Being a nuisance during the day is okay.

A few rules - No smoking in the house. No sodomizing the cats. No sodomizing the host. Leave my girlfriend out of your sick games. If you are going to run naked in the street, you must wear a paper bag over your head. Paper bags are not provided. Some materials used in this product have been known to the State of California to cause cancer.

That should about wrap it up. PM me if you still don't have my address. Hope to see you all here on Saturday!!!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    Groovy.
    About the cat...dangit! that was the only reason I was coming over.
    I'll bring enough paper bags for everyone.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    Rules are rules but I'm sodomizing something, come hell or high water. Russ, you better be careful.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    Got a big old bottle of rum (Bacardi Superior, if anyone cares) at the state store. We should be set for nursing our alcoholism. I'll also be throwing together a big bowl of pasta salad for munchies the day of. I'm trying to get some chips from work, too. If anything, we won't go hungry/thirsty.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    Newcomer to the forums, eliminator1970, has been invited to the gathering. He seems like a cool guy, and I warned him that if he pulls anything, psycotic ex-girlfriends who want to burn his house down will be the least of his worries.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • eliminator1970
    eliminator1970 Posts: 77
    edited June 2009
    Hey, and there I was going to offer to bring 10 lbs of hamburger for the grill.....But if the ex cannot come who is going to start the fire?
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like you've got a good sense of humor, too. Bring whatever hamburger you want... We'll have enough guys there to figure out how to click the knob on the grill :D. I like to keep my fire OUTSIDE.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • eliminator1970
    edited June 2009
    Would you mind if I brought Adcom 555 amp and pre amp just to make sure she did not damage those....I have no speakers to fire up the system and tell. Well 10 lbs be enough hamburger?
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, you can bring them up. If they smell like gas, we'll run an extension cord to the back yard, plug it in, and see if we can make fireworks. I've got some old speakers we can test it on first before hooking it up to anything decent.

10lbs of burger should be plenty. We're also doing pizza, I believe.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • eliminator1970
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, they do not smell like gas at all.....But who really knows....I appreciate it.
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    Doro smells like fish....
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    Plans changed on the beer. Was planning on getting a total of 4 cases (my GF is having people up tomorrow night). A 1/4 keg is 3.5 cases. 1/4 is $50... 4 cases is $80. I went with the 1/4. It's home and chillin' out in a tub right now. Rock on!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    Sweet! I can bring up an old, beat up Pioneer RT-707 and a couple of reels if there is any interest. It needs a tune up and any advice will be welcomed.
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    I'm only drinking water.
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    I'm only drinking water.
    Sissy-pants...
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    Hey man...someone has to keep Al in check.
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    Ahhhh Yes! I forgot he was coming. Good man, Mark.
    Do you want your chaps back?
  • dorokusai
    edited June 2009
    No, I autographed them for you. I've moved on from chaps.
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    I'm only drinking water.

I'll drink for you, then. It's only a 1/4, so I don't expect there to be much left, if any. I also got a growler of the Berwick Lager from the local microbrewery for everyone to sample. If you like it, I highly encourage that you stop on your way out of town and get some to take home!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • lightman1
    edited June 2009
    No, I autographed them for you. I've moved on from chaps.
    They still smell like you, though. MMMMMM Yummy!