edited May 2009
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I love you too! Let's get a room or a tent out in the Pocono's!:eek::D
    Sweet! I'll bring the tent!
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited May 2009
    so whats the total polkies will attend? NAdams
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited May 2009
    Roster:

nadams
    milenko
    MuncyBob
    CLPolk
    dorokusai
    lazareath
    jdhdiggs
    lightman1
    NJPOLKER (???)
    scottnbnj (???)
    CaligulaPolk (???)

8 confirmed, possibility of 11 total.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited May 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    Roster:

nadams
    milenko
    MuncyBob
    CLPolk
    dorokusai
    lazareath
    jdhdiggs
    lightman1
    NJPOLKER (???)
    scottnbnj (???)
    CaligulaPolk (???)

8 confirmed, possibility of 11 total.

Can i confirm on June 3rd?
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    edited May 2009
    I see the Audioquest cables are on their way to one of us???
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited May 2009
    Yeah they are but by way of South Jersey. They be with you guys before the gathering.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2009
    What's the date for this thing again? I think Al Ballard(KAB) is going to carpool with me, so add 1 more.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    June 13th. If Al can come along that'd be awesome!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone have a copy of Jazz at the Pawnshop? I have a copy I downloaded in lossless format from the interwebs, but if someone has the Redbook that'd be cool.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2009
    Nadams,

I'll be dropping by ever so briefly just to say hi and pick up a couple of SDAs that Lightman (Russ) is holding for me in N.C. Hope that's not a problem....can't really hang much as I'll be in Easton, Pa packing up my parents house for sale that week. But Russ and I figured that since he had to haul the speakers up and he'd be in Berwick that would be a good transfer point. As I have an empty house in Easton...I'll head back to the homestead before I U-haul stuff up to Maine...where I live.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the guys...as I don't really know many of you!

Thanks,

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    cnh - that's fine, I don't have a problem with you dropping in.

So what's the opinion on food for this thing? Pizza has been mentioned, and we can do that, but does anyone want stuff on the grill? Maybe more variety than just pizza? Doesn't matter to me, I can eat pizza all day long :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Also the official start time has been changed

Please DO NOT show up until after 12pm. My girlfriend has to work until 2am, and she needs to get a little sleep before it gets loud in here.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2009
    Thanks that's cool...even though I'll be there briefly I'd throw into the pot for whatever munchies pizza, grill, drinks...etc.

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2009
    Does anyone have a copy of Jazz at the Pawnshop? I have a copy I downloaded in lossless format from the interwebs, but if someone has the Redbook that'd be cool.

I have the 180 gm double LP set, the three redbook vols 1,2, & 3 and the special edition SACD set and more. If someone wants to swing by and pick them up on the way over I'll lend them to you.:)

However I want someone's first born son as collateral. Kidding!:D
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    edited May 2009
    I'll eat most any food...pizza is a permanent part of my diet! It would be intresting to see addditonal music people would like to hear. Does anybody have any of the 1st 3 releases by Camel? I'll bring along what I have on lp but not sure what condition they are in....
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • kab
    kab Posts: 275
    edited May 2009
    Two weeks ago my daughter graduated from Lebanon Valley College in Annville and I was thinking how cool it was that I'd not be making that trip again. Oh well. Between Mark and I, we can probably find Berwick. Count me in.

Al
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Thanks for the confirmation, Al. I'm sure you and doro will have a lovely trip north. You know I've made enough trips down your way for the sake of Polk :p. Then again, I wasn't going to some forum dudes house... I was going to the headquarters...no, the MECCA of Polk fans.

You... you're going FROM the headquarters to.... well... Berwick. No comparison really. But hey, we've got good beer up here, so if you're into that, cool deal!

To everyone involved, I think we're pretty well finalized here... We've got offical polk representation (or unofficial, whatever)... I think we can call it close (finally... my neighbors are going to love me on Sunday :p).

I'll post a final organizational message tomorrow, when I'm not drunk and enjoying my SDAs
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited May 2009
    Just want to say thanks and am looking forward to meeting some more fellow Polkies..except Mark:D. If y'all need anything brought up just let me know.
    Russ
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited June 2009
    I don't know if it's too late, or even if I can make it, or whether or not I would be welcome, but could someone (you) explain to someone (me) what kind of debauchery takes place at such a get together? I've seen a few pictures of a Carverfest - please tell me that nakedness is generally frowned upon?
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited June 2009
    Also the official start time has been changed

Please DO NOT show up until after 12pm. My girlfriend has to work until 2am, and she needs to get a little sleep before it gets loud in here.

Whoses house? your girlfriends or yours???

:D

• nadams
    edited June 2009
    Sometimes you have to make concessions to keep people happy :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2009
    I have some major concessions planned for you Noah.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I have some major concessions planned for you Noah.

I'll be waiting for you with chaps on.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    I now have the Audioquest Type 4's in house from acsubie!

Thankfully, my GFA-545 accepts 'nanners
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2009
    Anyone interested in me bringing up the SVS as well?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • nadams
    edited June 2009
    jdhdiggs- not sure how we'd run it, unless someone is bringing something with a sub output. My Hafler only has one set of pre outs, if I recall correctly. Wouldn't mind hearing it though... My brother has a nice Onky receiver for his HT, but I don't think he'd want to get it all unhooked and bring it. Mess of wires back there...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2009
    I can run it as part of a 2channel setup, but only if someone really wants to hear it.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2009
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    I can run it as part of a 2channel setup, but only if someone really wants to hear it.
    I've got a couple of preamps with dual outs I could bring. Cool?