Lost Finale

Oblique
Oblique Posts: 67
edited May 2009 in Music & Movies
Did anyone see the season finale of Lost what did you guys think?
Post edited by Oblique on

Comments

• ryanjoachim
    ryanjoachim Posts: 2,046
    edited May 2009
    I stopped watching it after the first season...

It got way too convoluted in my opinion.
    MrNightly wrote: »
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    mystik610 wrote: »
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:

TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV
    HTPC: Chromecast w/ Plex Media Server. Media streamed from Media Server.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited May 2009
    My thought: Whoever the evil guy posing as Locke was... he found a loophole to kill Jacob (who I'm thinking is basically an angel or representation of God), but Jacob setting all those events in motion with all the players who detonated the H-bomb at the Swan station might have been his way of closing that loophole, since the plane crash would then never have happened.

I hate that we have to wait and see!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    edited May 2009
    I stopped watching it after the first season...

It got way too convoluted in my opinion.

Same here. When I saw what appeared to be a polar bear on a tropical island....well enuf of that!

........but the Mrs. loves that show!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited May 2009
    This season was alot better than the last 2 IMO.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2009
    The point is to be convoluted. It's a MYSTERY. Buncha simpletons.

;)

I thought the finale was amazing. Lots of answers, lots of questions, really set things up for a great final season next January.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited May 2009
    But exactly WHO is coming...the statue people? Hope the show doesn't get all x-files in the final season...that'd be too easy...
  • Bass_Pedal
    Bass_Pedal Posts: 196
    edited May 2009
    I really enjoyed this finale; I was a little surprised that I did. I was a little disappointed with the course of this season’s episodes. The stuff involving Locke and Ben in the present was interesting but I felt they spent too much time in Darmaville, a good chunk of that could have been cut out in favor of more development in the present time. All that being said, I thought the finale was quite a thrill ride. The actor that portrayed Jacob was excellent. I don't know how the producers on this show are able to get such great guest stars, but time after time, these new actors seem to be perfectly cast. I was a little uneasy about some of the motivations behind the bomb for some of the characters but you knew it was going to happen in the end. All in all it was a well executed finale with the ultimate cliffhanger ending... Will Jack wake up in the jungle... again???
    Mains - Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand
    Subs - Rel T5 x 2
    Amplification - Bryston 3b cubed
    Pre Amp - Marantz Sc11-1
    SACD - Marantz Sa11-1
    Stream - Cambridge Audio CXN v2
    Dac - Marantz Dac-1
    TT - Pro-Ject RPM 9.1 w/ Ortofon 2M Black Cartidge
    Phono Stage - Project Tube box DS
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2009
    Or will he wake up on the flight to LAX? :)

BTW, for anyone who thought Jacob looked familiar but couldn't p lace him (like me), he was the guy in the Big Lebowski who broke into the dude's house (and whose "Chinaman" friend peed on the Dude's rug.... which was a shame, considering how it tied the room together.)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Bass_Pedal
    edited May 2009
    He also played Darla's abusive husband on the first season of Dexter.
    Subs - Rel T5 x 2
    Pre Amp - Marantz Sc11-1
    SACD - Marantz Sa11-1
    Dac - Marantz Dac-1
  • Oblique
    edited May 2009
    Hey Guys, Yea I thought the finale was good but not great, it seemed a little underwhelming to me but I still enjoyed it. It did leave some things to think about though. Its funny a couple of the early comments are from people who stopped watching the show and I can remember whenI was the same. My mom started watching it and I was like this show is dumb and then like 3 years later I picked up the DVDs with my wife and I guess seeing them in sequence really made it a whole lot better for me, so now Im hooked and dont know if another show will hook me the same way Lost has.
  • Oblique
    edited May 2009
    I do have a crazy theory about last nights finale too, here it is:

Jacob probably never lived in the cabin because as we saw he was in the statutes foot, but what if it was the man in the black shirt that was talking to Jacob at the beginning of the episode. And not only that but maybe he was trapped inside and not supposed to come out hence the need for the ashes surrounding the cabin. So let’s think about a few scenarios now.

The 1st in (season 3) when Ben leads John Locke to the Cabin, the voice inside the cabin says “Help Me” to John Locke. Why would the voice need help? Maybe it was its ticket out of the cabin and to plan the scheme to take over John Locke’s body as we saw in last night’s finale.

The 2nd in (season 4 ex 1 The Beginning of the End) Hurley is alone walking in the woods and comes across the cabin and looks in the window, first he sees a man in a chair and then we see a quick flash of an eye in the window here is a screen cap: http://www.docarzt.com/s4ep1_cabin_who_is.jpg
    Could this man be the man in the black shirt that we saw last night? Possibly.

And last, in last night’s finale Ilana, Bram & crew went to the cabin and the ashes surrounding the cabin was missing in a patch. Then Ilana goes in the cabin and sees a knife with the picture of the statue on it then comes out and tells the others that “he” is gone and that they have to go to the statue now. When I originally saw the episode I was thinking that Jacob was in the cabin but then went to the statue, but now that I think of it maybe it wasn’t Jacob that Ilana and Bram were going to see maybe it was the man in the black shirt? Because if he was supposedly locked in there (because of the surrounding ashes) why did Ilana and the others go there first and not the statue first.

What do you guys think, I posted this on a blog post but no one offered their opinion.
    Let me know your theories if you guys have any, thanks.
  • Bass_Pedal
    edited May 2009
    Interesting... It does seem as though the mysterious "Man with the Black Shirt" uses the likenesses of the dead to disguise his appearance and manipulate for his own ends. It would be a fun exercise to go back and look at all the scenes with "Christian Sheppard" on the island, to see what he was really up to. I agree that the "Shadow of the Statue" followers were not looking for Jacob at the cabin as it seems clear now that it was the cabin was the residence of the "Black shirt-Christian-Locke" character and that he indeed escaped upon the arrival of Locke's body to the island.
    Subs - Rel T5 x 2
    Pre Amp - Marantz Sc11-1
    SACD - Marantz Sa11-1
    Dac - Marantz Dac-1
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Bass_Pedal wrote: »
    Interesting... It does seem as though the mysterious "Man with the Black Shirt" uses the likenesses of the dead to disguise his appearance and manipulate for his own ends. It would be a fun exercise to go back and look at all the scenes with "Christian Sheppard" on the island, to see what he was really up to. I agree that the "Shadow of the Statue" followers were not looking for Jacob at the cabin as it seems clear now that it was the cabin was the residence of the "Black shirt-Christian-Locke" character and that he indeed escaped upon the arrival of Locke's body to the island.

Don't ruin it for us!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    Anyone know when Season 7's coming out?
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I regret the time I wasted watching that stupid show.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    You cried at the end, didn't you.
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Nah, I pharted in the TV's direction.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    F1nut wrote: »
    Nah, I pharted in the TV's direction.

Then you cried...