Central PA gathering

Comments

• NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited May 2009
    I will be sure the AQ type 4's will be there for your party.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited May 2009
    Here's a funny guy with a half-sheet of Tuzzi's -

898289982_4f80e06953.jpg?v=0
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Screw that old guy, all this talk about Tuzzi's made me go out and get some for dinner tonight-

100_4642.sized.jpg

Yum, yum. I could eat just that for food during the gathering and skip the grilling. It's really up to what people want. I like to grill, I like pizza... that half-sheet cost $7.50 by the way.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited May 2009
    YA THAT'S WHAT i'M TALKIN ABOUT!!
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited May 2009
    Yep went up, Use to be able to get 2 boxs for $7.50 in the 70's
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited May 2009
    I'm in as well.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Oh, what the hell... sal and xsmi can come, too... but after that, IT'S REALLY CLOSED

NO MORE PARTICIPANTS, PLEASE!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2009
    I bringing whomever I pick up on the highway....hopefully female and poor.....and pretty but not neccesarily in that order.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,706
    edited May 2009
    Closed??? Damn, I was going to swing by and pick up Scott, Ben, John, Mike, Tony, Geoff, Al and Hedy, Ken and Polk Paul. They will be very disappointed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited May 2009
    i dunno, i was just going to park down the street and listen from there.

)
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    edited May 2009
    actually guys my plans changed. I was going to use this event to meet Sal and pick up those sda-srs2's he has but the little lady has a little extra time at memorial day than we thought so we will meet him then. Maybe I can make the next one.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, well, my house only has x amount of room for people and gear. jdhdiggs offered his house to host, which would have more room, but he's down in York, IIRC. If people want to move it to there, that's fine, but I'm not driving to York with my SDA's :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    Yeah, well, my house only has x amount of room for people and gear. jdhdiggs offered his house to host, which would have more room, but he's down in York, IIRC. If people want to move it to there, that's fine, but I'm not driving to York with my SDA's :)

Boy you went from hero to **** list in one day LOL!!!!:eek::D
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    I just never expected there to be this much interest in a gathering around here. Sal, with xsmi out, I should be able to squeeze you in. If you don't feel like driving... I ain't forcin' ya to be here...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    I just never expected there to be this much interest in a gathering around here. Sal, with xsmi out, I should be able to squeeze you in. If you don't feel like driving... I ain't forcin' ya to be here...

Obviously you have forgotten how huge Sal is. You are going to need one hell of a giant shoe horn to get him through the door.:D
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2009
    He's big but not in a afraid of him way....he smiles too much.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited May 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    He's big but not in a afraid of him way....he smiles too much.
    Big Galoot type of way?
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited May 2009
    I've been thinking of hosting a Philly area gathering for some time, just haven't gotten around to planning. Just throwing the seed out there...well if I can ever get my act together...one day...

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited May 2009
    so how many Polkies will be attending this gathering anyways? sounds like a good turnout.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    I think we're at 8 or 9... I should look back through the thread and count up.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    The roster:

nadams
    milenko
    MuncyBob
    CLPolk
    dorokusai
    lazareath
    jdhdiggs
    NJPOLKER (???)

If I missed anyone, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Some people were not clear on whether they were coming or not.

We're at 7 confirmed right now.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2009
    For you Polkies headed up to Noah's place, one of the best Dynaco ST-70 rebuilder/sellers i located in Buckhorn about 10 or 15 miles from Noah's place. I have bought several pieces of vintage tube gear from him over the years. His workmanship, quality and reputation are impeccable. He has about 1400 eBay feedbacks with a 100% rating. His Audiogon reputation is also excellent. And he's a real nice guy. He has one or two Dynaco's listed on Audiogon now, look Here.

I don't want to thread jack, but here is an opportunity to get a rebuilt vintage Dynaco without the cost or risk of shipping.
    Carl

• scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited May 2009
    i've got the date penciled in, but i can't say lock me in. a couple of things could happen that would knock me out. sorry for that, i know i'm a fookhead that way. if it creates a problem, say the word and i'll just beep the horn and shake my fist if i'm cruising by on 80 that day.

other than that, if i make it i'll bring a pair of analysis plus oval 9's if there's any interest. and, in fair warning for the space situation too, i gained about 25 pounds while my leg was on the mend that i haven't gotten off yet...

)
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    scott- I'll reserve a spot for you. I think I already had you penciled in, just forgot to add you to the maybe list.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited May 2009
    Nadam, its nice if i go, but this is a place where you guys gather to listen music, i hate the thoughts deaf guy take over another potential people who want to attend to listen music and have fun. I am not saying i wont have fun, but i understand how people who would want to attend and cant able to due to small space. So please let anyone else take over my spot unless you dont mind extra, i could take break from family for a day, its your house dude ! :D. thanks for asking. Have fun guys. Let me know what your experience afterward so i can be good host in tampa hopefully in August.
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • lightman1
    edited May 2009
    schwarcw wrote: »
    For you Polkies headed up to Noah's place, one of the best Dynaco ST-70 rebuilder/sellers i located in Buckhorn about 10 or 15 miles from Noah's place. I have bought several pieces of vintage tube gear from him over the years. His workmanship, quality and reputation are impeccable. He has about 1400 eBay feedbacks with a 100% rating. His Audiogon reputation is also excellent. And he's a real nice guy. He has one or two Dynaco's listed on Audiogon now, look Here.

I don't want to thread jack, but here is an opportunity to get a rebuilt vintage Dynaco without the cost or risk of shipping.
    I love you, Carl.
  • lightman1
    edited May 2009
    Nadam, its nice if i go, but this is a place where you guys gather to listen music, i hate the thoughts deaf guy take over another potential people who want to attend to listen music and have fun. I am not saying i wont have fun, but i understand how people who would want to attend and cant able to due to small space. So please let anyone else take over my spot unless you dont mind extra, i could take break from family for a day, its your house dude ! :D. thanks for asking. Have fun guys. Let me know what your experience afterward so i can be good host in tampa hopefully in August.
    Just crash the party, Cali. All you have to say is.."I didn't hear anyone say I had to leave!":D

ASL fluent?
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited May 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Just crash the party, Cali. All you have to say is.."I didn't hear anyone say I had to leave!":D

ASL fluent?

lol, yep its my first language, of course! :D
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • lightman1
    edited May 2009
    lol, yep its my first language, of course! :D
    I have to brush up on my correct placements of hands.;)

Sounds bad to you pervs. But it's communication for him.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited May 2009
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I have to brush up on my correct placements of hands.;)

at least you would know which was correct or not