Central PA gathering

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2009
    Usher X-718.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited April 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Usher X-718.

Hey, they look pretty f'n sweet!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2009
    Man, I sure wish I could attend that shindig. I'd even bring my own donkey.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2009
    I am pretty sure you are a "person of interest" in that area, best to lay low.

RT1
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    Sorry you can't make it, Las. Punch a clown for me!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    Hey, if anyone shows interest, we could hit Berwick's local brewery. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16818/?view=beerfly&ba=sholland119

www.oneguybrewing.com

I hear he's got some great stuff, though I haven't been there yet. Hoping to get there this weekend.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    edited April 2009
    Is One Guy close by? Did you make it there over the weekend?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    One Guy is only a couple of streets away. My brother and I went on Saturday night. It was pretty nice. We got seats at the bar, mostly because there were a few groups of people sitting around the tables already. I tried all 3 beers he had on tap, one of them twice. The Berwick Lager was my favorite. Next in line was the Wheat Ale, which was really good (and I don't like wheat ales normally. This one's brewed with apple cider :D). My least favorite was the Atomic Punk IPA, which is an extremely hoppy beer. It was okay... I drank it, but I washed it down with another Lager :)

Sadly, he didn't have any growlers to fill at the moment... he'd run out of empties. So, we left after our 4 beers and went back to the house to finish off the evening with Yuengling, Stuccios pizza, and a cigar out on the porch. Next time, I'll be getting a growler or two of the Lager, for sure.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • muncybob
    edited April 2009
    hhhhmmmmm, sounds like a June field trip in the making!
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited April 2009
    As you know I am from New Jersey. I also have a home where we fish, hunt, relax and party in Cammal Pa which is at the bottom of the Grand Canyon of PA. Its really beautiful up there and about a hour and a half from the party. Maybe, if I am invited and can get up there I'd attend. Also could bring something to try out. The problem is I have no idea what I'll be doing or where I'll be mid June.
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    NJPolker- You're more than welcome to attend. Anyone who can make it is welcome.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • NJPOLKER
    edited April 2009
    Are you sure?? :D
    I will let you know as time winds down.
    Thanks
  • muncybob
    edited April 2009
    Cammal is great country! I think you should head up this way June 13th!
  • NJPOLKER
    edited April 2009
    Hey Bob
    Make no mistake, I love it there and will do my best. Our home sits right on a beautiful stretch of Pine Creek. We have Bald Eagles, Minks and I have been told river otters but I think some of the locals smoke too much pot!
    We'll see what happens.
    Thanks
  • muncybob
    edited April 2009
    Knowing some people up that way they smoke their own homegrown! Pine Creek is beautiful in spring! I'm hoping to hike/camp up that way sometime this year. With places like that it often makes me wonder why people around here feel compelled to travel several hundreds/thousands of miles to vacation each year!
  • NJPOLKER
    edited April 2009
    muncybob wrote: »
    Knowing some people up that way they smoke their own homegrown! Pine Creek is beautiful in spring! I'm hoping to hike/camp up that way sometime this year. With places like that it often makes me wonder why people around here feel compelled to travel several hundreds/thousands of miles to vacation each year!

Yeah they smoke there own and it's not good stuff, not that I'd know from personal experience :rolleyes:
    Let me know when you head that way. I should be up there a two weeks. If you do go stop at the Wagon Wheel (tavern) and tell them you know me!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Drew
  • muncybob
    edited April 2009
    Thanx for the invite Drew...you never know. I have so many "projects" started but unfinished at this time that I doubt it will be anytime soon though. Hope you can make it in June to the get together!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2009
    I'll head up, I have a ton of amps and speakers hanging out in the basement if you want additional rigs, PM me if interested.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited May 2009
    jdhdiggs Just bring the the amp's that are for sale Cheap!! LOL
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • jdhdiggs
    edited May 2009
    What's cheap? The cheapest amps I have run $800-$900 on E-bay / A-gon.. If that's cheap to you, well, have at it. I think I'll bring my 9's with the tube modded CDP and passive pre from TPG 2 and actively bi-amp the knight mono tube amps and the Adcom 565's, how's that sound?

That allright with you Nadams?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    Alright??? Is that all right??? hell, that's better than anything I've got here. The 565's won't run my sda's, since they can't be strapped together for common ground, but i'd guess they'd run those Ushers that Mark is bringing up just find. You have any tube amps that we could give a run on the SDA's? I'd hate to get myself sucked into the tube crowd, but all the same, I'd like to get my ears on some. Maybe tame those sl2000's down a bit.

I might have to call attendance closed after jdhdiggs. My house isn't that big, and we're getting up there in the number of people. Remember folks, this isn't an extravagant party. We've got like 500 sq feet of audio space to work with. Plus I don't have a ton of money for food or beer, though I'm saving up for both. Yes, it was my idea to host a get-together, so I'm responsible for everything. But from here on out, I think attendance should be closed to those who've already RSVP'ed.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited May 2009
    565's can be tied together;) Negative terminal to negative terminal. I have them.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • mmadden28
    mmadden28 Posts: 4,283
    edited May 2009
    I must keep missing it as I skim the posts, when is the gathering?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 :cool:, SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's
  • jdhdiggs
    edited May 2009
    June 13 IIRC...

The tube amps I have are monoblocks and I don't think I would be too excited to strap them together... But the 565's could work. I also have some ADS bookshelves speakers that are kinda fun and a Carver A500x that I could bring as well to represent the cheap power contigent. The thing I completly lack is "fancy cables", if anyone else wants to bring those...
  • muncybob
    edited May 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    Alright??? Is that all right??? hell, that's better than anything I've got here. The 565's won't run my sda's, since they can't be strapped together for common ground, but i'd guess they'd run those Ushers that Mark is bringing up just find. You have any tube amps that we could give a run on the SDA's? I'd hate to get myself sucked into the tube crowd, but all the same, I'd like to get my ears on some. Maybe tame those sl2000's down a bit.

I might have to call attendance closed after jdhdiggs. My house isn't that big, and we're getting up there in the number of people. Remember folks, this isn't an extravagant party. We've got like 500 sq feet of audio space to work with. Plus I don't have a ton of money for food or beer, though I'm saving up for both. Yes, it was my idea to host a get-together, so I'm responsible for everything. But from here on out, I think attendance should be closed to those who've already RSVP'ed.

Don't worry about the $$$$, I'm sure we can take a collection on site and make a run for whatever is needed! If it wasn't such a pain in the a** I would bring my Vandys along to hear them with some of those amps....
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    June 13 IIRC...

The tube amps I have are monoblocks and I don't think I would be too excited to strap them together... But the 565's could work. I also have some ADS bookshelves speakers that are kinda fun and a Carver A500x that I could bring as well to represent the cheap power contigent. The thing I completly lack is "fancy cables", if anyone else wants to bring those...

Cool deal. I don't have any "fancy cables" either. My speaker wire is standard RatShack 14 gauge, I think.

And yes, the gathering is set for June 13th
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • CLPolk
    edited May 2009
    I'll spring for 4 sheets of Tuzzi's Pizza.
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • nadams
    edited May 2009
    CLPolk wrote: »
    I'll spring for 4 sheets of Tuzzi's Pizza.

Yeah, but how much will you let us have?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • CLPolk
    edited May 2009
    Back in the day I could just about eat a sheet my self<> We used to get a case of beer and make the trip from williamsport to berwick just to get tuzzi's pizza and ride around to car lots lookin at fast cars.
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • jdhdiggs
    edited May 2009
    Sheets of pizza? I thought that's what happened after eating?!?!