Adcom Cables????

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,052
I bought a Adcom GFA-535II about 3-4 weeks ago. It came with "LAB Cables." Well about 5am this morning I was **** around with the wiring and saw Adcom printed on the cables. Has anyone had experience with Adcom or LAB Cables or whatever? Very confusing. What do I have? Adcom or LAB. I would take a picture if I were at my Mom's.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2003
    Options
    never heard of em.. do they appear to be of good quality? Really curious cables.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Yeah they do, Its has a gold plated tip, a rubber surrounding the connector, connecting to the cable. The cable seems to be about 10 awg thick. I'll take a picture of it when I go home this weekend if I can remember to borrow my Dad's camera.
    But yeah, they are a real good quality cable.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    pic 1
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    pic 2
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    BUMP
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    BUMP!

NEONE???????????????
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Looks like a pair of RCA cables alright.

Trim that nail Mx, and get the dirt out from under it.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I still have a pair of these cables. They came with my Adcom GFP-555 preamp, but they did not have "LAB" stamped on them, only "ADCOM". They are low-loss, low-capacitance cables meant to be used with the "LAB" outputs of Adcom preamplifiers. Some Adcom preamps have two sets of RCA output jacks: A "NORMAL" set that uses coupling capacitors and a "LAB" set that is direct coupled.

You can go to the Adcom website and download the owner's manuals for the GFP-555, GFP-555 MkII, or GFP-565 preamps for more details.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    Trim that nail Mx, and get the dirt out from under it.
    Cheers,
    Rooster

wth are you talking about? I pick my nails ;)

Thanx for the info! I will be sure to look into it.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2003
    Options
    not to be an a**hole or anything. but Mx. those cables.. just look average to me. nuttin special. from the pics that I can see anyway. but sound is the important thing. so if they sound good. they should be ok. are you using them in your amp to receiver or not using em?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    edited July 2003
    Options
    They are connected to the main amp, to receiver. They arnt much better than the ratshackers, but they are a tad more dynamic. Thats bout it.