Central PA gathering

Comments

• nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I'm in.

Awesome, man. Looks like we'll have some speaker cables to try out if NJPolker pulls through, which I'm sure he will. You've gotta come, at least for the beer. I'll chalk out a spot on the floor for you if you happen to pass out. We can drag you over and nobody can take your space. Sorry I don't have any chickens like Ben, but you can go for my cat if you want. She likes Jack Daniels on the rocks, but that's a rare treat as I don't drink it :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2009
    I have a history of dancing naked alot when I'm comfortable in a habitat, is that a problem?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    I have a history of dancing naked alot when I'm comfortable in a habitat, is that a problem?

I keep the blinds closed out of habit. The neighbors are used to it anyway. I should probably make them sign my own version of an NDA, regarless.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited March 2009
    my sister might be in for a visit around then, but we haven't locked in dates yet. if that gets pushed back i'll probably be about due for a pizza run around then.

so, i'm a definate can't say yet, but, hoping to see all of you. er,i mean,..see everyone, not ~all~ of anyone.

)
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited March 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    Berwick, PA. ZIP 18603. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

2 hours drive is not bad.. i ll let u know soon
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • GMiller
    GMiller Posts: 121
    edited March 2009
    I can't tell you how many times I've driven 80 through Berwick. My wife is from Conyngham, I'm from Lewisburg. Worked in the Poconos each summer (and the semester on double secret probation...)

I will never go back to the yankee winters, though.
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    I DO NOT have a Blu-Ray or any high-def player, and really my TV is wholly inadequate to even be included in the demo's. We're probably going to want tha room to swap gear anyway. Therefore, this will be a 2 channel get together specifically.

This has changed. I still don't have a Blu-Ray player, but I did just get a 32" Philips LCD last night, as well as a DVD player with DivX capability and HDMI output. If anyone has a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player and wants to drag it along, I'm sure we could find some demo materials.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2009
    How far is that from the Lehigh Valley? I may be down that way dealing with my deceased parent's house sometime around then. I realize I 'should know this' since I grew up down there but it escapes the half-century memory. I'd love to hear some vintage stuff and hang since my only experience with old Polk products is from the mid-80s when their bookshelves were in a lot of record stores in NYC?

I'm assuming its less than 2 hours?

Thanks..

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    Google maps says 1.5 hours from allentown. From Allentown it's easy. 476 (NE Ext of the turnpike) to 80, to 93, takes you straight to berwick.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • cnh
    edited March 2009
    Thanks, should've thought of that myself. Now I just have to check the schedule and see if I can coordinate with the time....

cnh

• CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited March 2009
    berwick oh Yeah Tuzzi's pizza run!!
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited March 2009
    This has changed. I still don't have a Blu-Ray player, but I did just get a 32" Philips LCD last night, as well as a DVD player with DivX capability and HDMI output. If anyone has a PS3 or a Blu-Ray player and wants to drag it along, I'm sure we could find some demo materials.

I dont mind bringing my ps3 if you guys will not touch it!! :D

i have about 400 blu ray movies, list movies for demo material, ill bring if i have the movies listed.

Ill have to delete some **** clips unless you wanna feel **** on subwoofer!!

Just kidding about the **** clips, dont have em on my ps3 !!! :D
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    CLPolk wrote: »
    berwick oh Yeah Tuzzi's pizza run!!

Hey, if you want, that's fine with me. I'm still trying to iron out the food situation, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out when it gets closer to time.

Does that mean you're "in"?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    I dont mind bringing my ps3 if you guys will not touch it!! :D

i have about 400 blu ray movies, list movies for demo material, ill bring if i have the movies listed.

Ill have to delete some **** clips unless you wanna feel **** on subwoofer!!

Just kidding about the **** clips, dont have em on my ps3 !!! :D

Not really sure of any demo material, and I've always been uncomfortable with a bunch of guys in one room all watching **** :p.

Keep in mind this is still going to be primarily a 2ch gathering, as I do not have a HT by any means. But even as such, some people like myself prefer to watch their movies in 2ch :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    I'm thinking of a start time of 10am. Finish time for demos would be around 8pm or so, just to not get too late. Folks are welcome to stay later, and if you plan on drinking, you're welcome to stay here. I've got a pullout couch, and I'll have an entire room on the 2nd floor for people to crash on the floor. Anyone is welcome to stay overnight.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • kleggett
    kleggett Posts: 30
    edited March 2009
    Wish I lived in PA
  • CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited April 2009
    Hey, if you want, that's fine with me. I'm still trying to iron out the food situation, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out when it gets closer to time.

Does that mean you're "in"?

Yes I would love to come!!
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    Food is a priority for me....I'm a growing child.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    Food is a priority for me....I'm a growing child.

You're growing a child? Doro, I had no idea! Congrats, when is he/she due??? :D

I was thinking maybe a "bring your favorite meat to share with everyone", but that could get out of hand :o
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Mother Mooch
    Mother Mooch Posts: 129
    edited April 2009
    Hey folks, Just wanted to let you know if there's anything i can for a fellow polkie here in Western PA, i'm open. I have been down on my luck and a couple of fellow polkies are helping me out, So in turn i would like to return the karma to anybody who's in need :) I don't have much to offer, but maybe a service or two if you're ever in my area!

A big thanks to "thesmith" and "cnh"
  • cnh
    edited April 2009
    No need for a thank you Steve.

That's why we're here! And we may take you up on that if we're out your way.

cnh

• Mother Mooch
    Mother Mooch Posts: 129
    edited April 2009
    cnh wrote: »
    No need for a thank you Steve.

That's why we're here! And we may take you up on that if we're out your way.

cnh

I have to thank you Cnh :) i was ready to give up on the search. I had been keeping my eye on AG, Ebay, here and Craigs' list with no hope of relief. It's amazing how much people will pay for even a broken amp. I was lucky enough a few months ago to buy a Nikko ad 100 amp only to have it fizzle the first week of listening. Luckily it was dirt cheap, but it did break my heart. Then to come here and find all you folks! :)

Thanks man again
    Steve
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    Hey, Steve... you're welcome at my gathering, too, if you can make the drive. It's not so bad... depending on where you are in western pa. My ex-GF went to IUP, so I did a lot of the 3 hour drive back and forth to Indiana. Where are you at?
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2009
    **** bags get together. Nothing is better than first hand experience. Most of the crap you read online is pretty much meaningless till you have ears on experience.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    You calling my meet a "douchebags get-together"????

Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited April 2009
    I don't believe that's what he meant.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited April 2009
    You calling my meet a "douchebags get-together"????

Not at all:)
    Polkies need to get together. If I were closer you would certainly see me:)
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    edited April 2009
    If anybody still has the SL2000 tweeters in their cabinets and wants to hear the 194's I would be willing to pull my pair and bring them along.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Not at all:)
    Polkies need to get together. If I were closer you would certainly see me:)
    Ben

I know... just joking. Guess I needed some smilies in there.

Muncy- You're welcome to bring the RD's. I still have SL2000's in my SDA's and have never heard the replacements.

Las- Date is set for June 13th. You'd be more than welcome to bring any gear you want to let people get their ears on.I'm trying not to ask anyone to bring anything, because I know it can be a pain to move this gear of ours!

I'll be posting an info bulletin here shortly to bring things together.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited April 2009
    Attendance list so far

nadams
    milenko (my brother)
    muncybob
    clpolk
    dorokusai
    caligulapolk
    apphd (???)
    lasareath (???)
    scottnbnj (???)

Gear list so far

Hafler DH-110 pre
    Adcom GFA-545
    Denon DCD-610 cdp
    Technics SL-MA1 TT
    Marantz 2220b vintage receiver
    Pioneer SX-450 vintage receiver

Polk Audio SDA2's
    Polk Audio R15's
    Polk Audio Monitor 10 Series II's
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2's (??? Las ???)
    Some kind of Usher Speakers (??? Doro ???)
    Niles OS-20 Outdoor speakers (muncybob)
    EPI M50's
    Some kind of old RadioShack speakers (don't sound too bad)

Schedule

10am start
    10-12:30ish - Demos, gear swapping, terrorizing the cats, general BS
    12:30ish or whenever - Grill time
    1:30ish-6pm - More Demo's, Drinks, and Doro. The cats will probably be missing by now.
    6pm - Up to the attendees if we want to get pizza from any of the local establishments. Pretty much any pizza place in town is good, and there's no less than a half dozen of them. And not a one of them is commercial chain frozen crap.
    Onward 'til 8pm- I'd like to be wrapping up any demos. We can continue past 8, but we should watch the volume.

Folks are welcome to stay as long as you'd like. There will be plenty of beer available (Planning on two cases of Yuengling, and one of Lionshead, to start). If you prefer other beverages, plan on bringing them. I'm not going to police people's drinking, just don't get out of hand. And if you think you don't want to drive at the end of it, you're welcome to drink some more and crash here.

Remember, ZIP code is 18603 to get an idea for directions. If you're attending, please PM me and I'll get you the address and my cell # in case you get lost.
    Ludicrous gibs!