Terminator 3

Options
sterling bug
sterling bug Posts: 228
edited July 2003 in Music & Movies
Just got back from seeing T3 and without saying too much this movie was fantastic. Fits nicely with the other two films. Thats all I will say on it so not to spoil it for anyone plus I'm tired and I guess its not Friday tomorrow so I should probably go to work in the morning.
Post edited by sterling bug on

Comments

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Thats good to hear....the initial reviews were better than I thought they would be. I am looking forward to seeing it this weekend.

I heard it had a running time of 109 minutes.....that true?
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Exactly right, 1 hour and 49 minutes, leaving you with the feeling that T4 is in the plan, make you hungry for more...to the supprise, this one is a very good sequel. Two thumb ups...
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Good to hear. I'm still going to wait for the DVD though.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Hey Gang,

I just got back from seeing this one - thought it was well done, though I had lower expectations going into it after the impression T2 left.

Anyway, all I kept thinking throughout this movie is Doc's impressions of the extended bass the day he loads this DVD into his system. :)

Remember this thread, Doc. I called it.
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,061
    edited July 2003
    Options
    T3...yes one the the many summer movies I gotta see.I did go see the Hulk Yesterday........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • cscsDanny
    cscsDanny Posts: 30
    edited July 2003
    Options
    I was anticipating something disasterous, but the film proved itself to be better in my opinon than the two prior JC films. I was thuroughly impressed with the story and the action for that matter. That actress who played the TX is fantastic, truely emontionless and brutal. Not to mention drop dead gorgeous. WOW!
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX
    DVD PLAYER: Sony DVP-NC655P
    Mains: Bi-Amped Polk Rt1000i
    Surrounds: Bi-Wired Polk Rt55i
    Center: Bi-Wired Polk Cs400i
    Subwooofer: SVS PB1

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited July 2003
    Options
    She will be mine, oh yes, she will be.

But yea, T3 was a down right fun movie. We all came out with smiles on our faces after watching it.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,102
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Just saw it a couple hours ago, I laughed some - great action scenes! Overall great movie, I would say its a tie with the 2nd one which I just got done watching. Definetely both good movies! Now they have to make a T4, the way it ended.......they better not leave us hangin! 2 thumbs up!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by kberg
    Anyway, all I kept thinking throughout this movie is Doc's impressions of the extended bass the day he loads this DVD into his system. :) Remember this thread, Doc. I called it.

Somebody over at AVS already called it for having killer bass. Looking forward to this one.

T2 is exceptional in this respect also, especially the extended nuclear holocaust dream sequence. The rolling nuke wave has a shitload of 20-25 hz bass; truly phenom. And since it is DTS 5.1 ES, the nuke wave rolls right past you and into the rear surrounds along with the huge air blast from the sub. It's an awesome effect.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • kberg
    kberg Posts: 974
    edited July 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    Somebody over at AVS already called it for having killer bass. Looking forward to this one.

Okay, okay. But I called it on THIS forum! ;)
    Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
    Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
    Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
    Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
    Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
    Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
    Display: JVC HD-56G786
    DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
    Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2003
    Options
    i saw this today.. ok movie.. not as good as I thought it would be. that's all i'll say.. so as not to spoil it. but others may like it more than i did.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: