Just saying hello

Options
Mike682
Mike682 Posts: 2,074
edited March 2009 in The Clubhouse
Hey Polkies,

Have not been around much..been lurking on/off around here lately and although I've noticed some changes 'round here, things still seem the same.:D

Anyway, it's been an up and down ride this past few months, as a result I haven't been posting much lately.

My 2nd daughter was born on 12/3 during which my mother was battling the last stages of lung cancer; Mom passed not too long after on 12/20. Goes without saying, seeing the two ends of the spectrum is a humbling experience.

Just wanting to stop in and post, while enjoying some down time.

Hope all is well folks. Cheers
Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
Mains: polk R30
Center: polk CSi3
Rear Surrounds: polk R20
Subwoofer: polk PSW404
DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
Post edited by Mike682 on

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry about your mom, and you can never have too many little girls running around the house. Congrats.
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited March 2009
    Options
    thanks George

You are correct, they are wonderful
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry about your mom, and you can never have too many little girls running around the house. Congrats.

Wow, must be a little hard coping between the 2, one is a joy while the other one is a sorrow. Congrats for the 2nd daughter and sincere sympathy for your mom.
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Condolences to you and family on the loss of your Mom,and congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I had three girls,,a single, then twins. Most of my money went towards tampons and makeup. Welcome back.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2009
    Options
    They can be hell on the plumbing with all that long hair too, but they're worth all of it.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Sorry about your mom bro. Congrats on the new family member also. Through time and prayer we heal but never forget. Rest easy and post when you can.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi Mike, my condolences for your loss and congrats on the new little one.I have two daughters 9 and 11.It seems like yesterday they were born,time flies so enjoy every minute you can with them.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Congratulations on the new daughter, and prayers sent for Mom. Welcome back!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2009
    Options
    My condolences to you and your family for the loss of your mom and congrats of the birth of your daughter.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2009
    Options
    They can be hell on the plumbing with all that long hair too, but they're worth all of it.

Yep,, but there was a period that I wondered if it was,, but someone told me long ago,,that,, girls always come back to their Dad,, and they were right,, mine are in their mid twenties,and we are all very close,, kinda like when they were little,, hell my eyes light up every time I see them,, which,fortunately ,is often. Oop's sorry for the derail,, kinda' got a little,,eh,, sentimental..
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wow you have have a very trying time. My congrats & deepest condolences. Take care of yourself & your family.

We will be here whenever you can drop by.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,281
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mike682 wrote: »
    Goes without saying, seeing the two ends of the spectrum is a humbling experience.

It would seem that in return for the gift of knowing that her granddaughter was born, your mom gave someone in your family the gift of insight. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't know who that someone is.
    Sal Palooza
  • Retro152
    Retro152 Posts: 985
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Mike, sorry to here about your mother, i just lost my father 3/20. But congrats to you on your newborn, my kids cherished every moment with their grandfather. Your daughter will know your mom over time with memories you have of her through pictures and fond remembrances'. Wish you much congrats on the birth of your daughter and sympathy for your mother. Thanks for posting this.

Pat.
    Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-05
    Amp: Emotiva Xpa-3
    Front L/R: POLK Rti-a9s':D
    Center:POLK Csi-a6
    Rear surround's:POLK Rti-a1s'
    Sub: Klipsch Synergy sub-12
    Sony Kdl-46w4100 46" LCD
    PS3
    Audioquest type 4 wiring.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Another wow, another my condolences, and another congrats. I hope the wee one is letting you sleep by now. My two little girls are just amazing. Enjoy.
    Take care Bro.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben