Get together feb 28th

2»

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited March 2009
    What can I say? I'm a first class pimp.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2009
    I like the modded pocket for the fast draw Hoe slap;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2009
    Yeah... I tend to wear my clothes until they eventually disintegrate off my body. I should really look into investing in the always booming safety pin market.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Dude that Jacket deserves to be repaired before it gets worse. I am still upset about my Billy Jack brown suede leather coat with the white stitching. I feel the white threads show off the quality of the workmanship that went into that attire. Some may think I am a little off with some of my ideas, but I think there was a conspiracy linked to the disappearance of the coat. All my buddies hated when I wore. They said it embarrassed them. I think they were just jealous because I received many comments on it, and it made many people smile. They stole stole it. I don't know what they did with it, and I hate to accuse, but they stole it. Dude keep that jacket. It works.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jerryj12
    jerryj12 Posts: 451
    edited March 2009
    So where are the pics?[/QUOTE]

Did someone say Pics....? I have the pics. Pics for sale, get your pics here.:D I just need to get them approved by everyone:eek:
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Did someone say Pics....? I have the pics. Pics for sale, get your pics here.:D I just need to get them approved by everyone:eek:

Are you saying you are selling the pics, or do we have to pay you to not post them:eek::p
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2009
    Did I miss this?! Oh snap.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Did I miss this?! Oh snap.

You did. EarlyB even read Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to us:)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2009
    That's tight. Local GTG's are very cool, good on you for hosting. Please tell ZombieBoy he is persona nongrata in my house. No real reason, just let him know.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2009
    I've got a bit of a jacket fetish to be honest. I'll rock cordoroy for days (suede arm patches, you betcha...).
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2009
    Doro... you just made my heart melt. Literally. Now you have to pay my doctor's bills.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    I love to have GTG's here. The last owners left the house with some imperfections do to at least one chew happy dog, two little boys, and the carpets are not A1 condition. There are no worries about minor mishaps. Also no WAF allows people to just feel free in my home. The only way to irritate me in my house is to not be comfortable. I am undecided about the pool though. When the house was purchased the people that drained, and caged the pool to make for a legal sale ruined it. There are major tares in the liner from ladders, and they turned the pumps on and left to drain it. The pumps are shot, and the liner is shot. Hot tube is shot too:( No real income means no pool for a while:( The rear deck is sweet. I love the rails. I am looking forward to another GTG when it warms a bit. Grilling this time would be cool. I truly am country, and may be just a little hick, but these GTG's really are fun. The AH incident was totally confusing. We do enjoy getting together. It is a great way to meet people with a passion for audio. A stay here is in order(yes people can stay). It is more than just audio here. It is a great time to just relax, step back, and take it in. My goal here is everyone who comes leaves with a sore face, and stomach from laughter. With times being what they are I want people forget about the seriousness of the doldrums of everyday life. Thanks to everyone who showed. You guys are the best. Having no family, but the kids, and X wife makes times tuff. Again you guys are the best. In all seriousness I am so happy I found the Polk family. Newbs may not grasp what we have here, but I sure do.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2009
    Now YOU have to pay my doctor's bills. You take a lot of **** Ben, but anyone that's met you knows you come from the family of "bee's knees".

On a side note, the **** actually let me pollute his rig with my "reference material". The hostess with the mostess.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    It's al good. I have TMBG in my changer still. What freaking track is partical man? Is that on disk two?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2009
    No pics?

Impressions of his speaks?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2009
    ben62670 wrote: »
    It's al good. I have TMBG in my changer still. What freaking track is partical man? Is that on disk two?

Track 7 on the "green CD". Flood would be the name.

Like many TMBG songs, there is no unambiguous meaning, but one interpretation is that the song reflects the metaphysical conflict between quantum mechanics, Christian theology, and general relativity, all of which leave the average man at a loss.

Particle man, particle man
    Doing the things a particle can
    What's he like? It's not important
    Particle man

Is he a dot, or is he a speck?
    When he's underwater does he get wet?
    Or does the water get him instead?
    Nobody knows, Particle man

Triangle man, Triangle man
    Triangle man hates particle man
    They have a fight, Triangle wins
    Triangle man

Universe man, Universe man
    Size of the entire universe man
    Usually kind to smaller man
    Universe man

He's got a watch with a minute hand,
    Millenium hand and an eon hand
    When they meet it's a happy land
    Powerful man, universe man

Person man, person man
    Hit on the head with a frying pan
    Lives his life in a garbage can
    Person man

Is he depressed or is he a mess?
    Does he feel totally worthless?
    Who came up with person man?
    Degraded man, person man

Triangle man, triangle man
    Triangle man hates person man
    They have a fight, triangle wins
    Triangle man
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Pics

Edit: Warning the pics may be offensive to PC sissies, and small farm animals:eek:

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/ben62670/PF09/
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    BTW I was going for the James Bond/Nick Nolte/Sasquatch look this weekend. I think I pulled it off.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2009
    C'mon, man... you can't clear the way for the other gatherings coming up??? Now I have to bump my thread again ;)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    C'mon, man... you can't clear the way for the other gatherings coming up??? Now I have to bump my thread again ;)

Wish I could be there Bro. It's tough to get a group of guys together. The lasting relationships from these gaterings is just great. Anyone who is close, and does not make an effort to get to one is a putz.
    Get together Polkies!
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited March 2009
    Edited. again, this was a PM.

Crap.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited March 2009
    Somehow I missed this thread completely. I would have paid to keep my pics off here. I guess if I don't tell what I look like no one will know which one is me anyway. I had a good time and am looking forward to the next get together.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    SBrown712 wrote: »
    Somehow I missed this thread completely. I would have paid to keep my pics off here. I guess if I don't tell what I look like no one will know which one is me anyway. I had a good time and am looking forward to the next get together.

Your animately is kept secret. I will say you are one of the better looking fellows:)
    We will be in touch. There is another get together in the mix, and you are certainly welcome.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2009
    Holy Moly........talk about some shots of the unshaven, unwashed and unclean.......
  • SBrown712
    SBrown712 Posts: 202
    edited March 2009
    Oh come on, I took a shower and shaved just to go to this thing.