dorokusai
kab
lazareath
jdhdiggs
lightman1
NJPOLKER (???)
scottnbnj (???)
CaligulaPolk (???)

Time - Gathering officially starts at NOON on Saturday, June 13th. For those that are travelling, it's understandable if you arrive a little early. My door will be locked until 11am, so don't expect to start setting up your gear at 6. I'm sure you guys are resourceful enough to find a way in, but that'd be frowned upon.

Demos - Demos will start whenever they start. Things are going to be pretty laid back... whatever gear/music people want to listen to, is fine. We may end up moving the dining room table out under the carport to give another room to set up gear in.

Food - Food is still able to be decided on. Pizza was suggested... I'm also planning on pulling a bunch of beef out of the fridge to make into burgers for the grill. Beer will be available. I'll be picking up three cases of Yuengling. There will also be water, iced tea, and cans of soda for those who don't want to drink beer all day. Donations will be accepted to cover the cost of food, drink, ice, medical bills, and bail, but aren't mandatory.

Quitting time - Yes, all good things must come to an end. Official end of any "loud" demos should be around 9 or 10. By then, I'm expecting people to be about ready to crawl back from whence they came. If we end up hanging out later, that's cool too... I just don't want to be a nuisance late at night. Being a nuisance during the day is okay.

A few rules - No smoking in the house. No sodomizing the cats. No sodomizing the host. Leave my girlfriend out of your sick games. If you are going to run naked in the street, you must wear a paper bag over your head. Paper bags are not provided. Some materials used in this product have been known to the State of California to cause cancer.

That should about wrap it up. PM me if you still don't have my address. Hope to see you all here on Saturday!!!

Since we've got some new folks from Central PA around here, It's been discussed about having a little mini-meet. Details are currently vague at best, but if you're interested, post here! Folks from NY/NJ/MD are welcome to make the drive!

I would be happy to offer up my house to set some gear up in if no-one else wants to. Some minor issues with that would be:

I don't have a nice TV
I have one pair of speakers - my SDA2's

However, I would be able to set up equipment in two different rooms (sadly, they are joined with an open doorway), and I'm sure we could have a good time. I could also get my brother to bring his Monitor 10's over to represent the vintage polk a bit more.

Obviously, if we chose to do it at my place, other attendees would be welcome to bring along any gear they wish, to be able to crank up some different stuff!

My place is in Berwick, PA, zip 18603. Easy access from Rt 80, Rt 11, and Rt 93.

If someone else wants to offer up their place, and the majority agrees, I'm all for that, too!
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    edited January 2009
    Sounds interesting once the weather breaks. I doubt that I'll bring my 2B's with me though!:eek: Could bring along some Niles outdoor speakers for a listen..maybe somebody has Polk outdoor for a comparison? If your place doesn't pan out I could host a gathering once the 2B's get the TL upgrade(early autumn is my best guess right now)..no large tv but I have 9' pool table and regulation length illuminated horseshoe playing area if weather pemits.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited February 2009
    Sounds Kool to me.
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2009
    Boy we Delawarians get left out of everything.:p
  • CaligulaPolk
    CaligulaPolk Posts: 1,650
    edited February 2009
    Boy we Delawarians get left out of everything.:p

Meet us in Philly, we wont leave u out! :D

dont worry, im always left out! :p
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2009
    I'm kinda interested.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited February 2009
    i cross pa once in a while on either 80 or the turnpike. if the timing's right, it would be great to swing through and meet some polkies.

)
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2009
    Well, let's see what happens once things get a bit warmer. I'm bustin **** right now trying to save up money to do things to the house this year, so I don't have a lot of time on the weekends right now.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • apphd
    apphd Posts: 1,514
    edited February 2009
    I'm kind of interested as well. Like most it depends on when the date and location are settled, but sounds like fun!
  • CLPolk
    CLPolk Posts: 133
    edited February 2009
    I just got a pair of Monitor 11's I could bring.
    • SDA SRS 2
    • SDA 1A
    • Monitor 11
    • Monitor 7B
    • CS350lsi
    • RM-6600
    • FX500i
  • nadams
    edited February 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I'm kinda interested.

That's about all we can expect :p

Muncybob- I'd be happy to host something at my place... but a 9' pool table in attendance would kick ****, too!

I'd be happy to cart gear to your place (obviously not the SDA's, since you have a pair), if you want to host. If not, I'm cool with it being at my place... just make sure you bring that pool table with you. We'll set it up in the carport.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited February 2009
    Interested but from Baltimore it would be one heck of a drive. Even at the speeds that I drive.
  • muncybob
    edited March 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    That's about all we can expect :p

Muncybob- I'd be happy to host something at my place... but a 9' pool table in attendance would kick ****, too!

I'd be happy to cart gear to your place (obviously not the SDA's, since you have a pair), if you want to host. If not, I'm cool with it being at my place... just make sure you bring that pool table with you. We'll set it up in the carport.

Well, if we wait long enough we could compare your 2's with my upgraded 2B's...unless of course you have had yours upgraded too? Since I haven't had my turntable operating in some years, it would be interesting to listen to some vinyl thru the Polks also! As for the 9 footer, you'll have to settle from some sticks, chalk and balls! I probably won't have my speakers upgraded until early autumn.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    Does anyone who might be interested in this have a record cleaning machine they might be able to truck along? I've got a few LPs that could use a scrubbing, but I can't afford $600 for a VPI...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    Going to throw June 13th out there. I'm located in zip 18603. If you're interested, PM me and I'll get you an address. Not going to post the address publically.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • muncybob
    edited March 2009
    PM sent!
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    Date looks good for Bob... just need some more people to chime in.

All the equipment in my signature will be available to demo, as well as the following:

Pioneer SX-450 vintage receiver
    Marantz 2220b vintage receiver
    EPI M50 bookshelf speakers
    Polk R15 bookshelf speakers
    Polk Monitor 10 Series II floorstanders

I have some vinyl and a pretty good selection of classic rock on CD, and muncybob has offered to bring some vinyl along. I'll give any kind of music a spin, but personally tend to gravitate towards classic rock.

I DO NOT have a Blu-Ray or any high-def player, and really my TV is wholly inadequate to even be included in the demo's. We're probably going to want tha room to swap gear anyway. Therefore, this will be a 2 channel get together specifically.

If anyone has any equipment they want to truck along to add into the mix, be my guest. Especially appreciated would be some different cables to try, and I personally am just running plain old RatShack wire for my speakers, and Bluejeans cable for my IC's.

Depending on when we decide to get things started, lunch/dinner will either be served, or we may truck out to a local eatery and generally make a spectacle of ourselves. I was thinking some steaks/burgers/chicken on the grill would be nice, maybe eat outside under the carport. Oh, and there'll be some suds, but anyone's welcome to bring along their favorite brews. I keep Yuengling around as a general rule. If we get enough people, maybe we could chip in for a quarter to have on ice or something. (I like thinking big)

So, lets see if we can get some interest generated!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited March 2009
    i can't drive _____ that far with my LSI's hooked up to my car stereo
  • muncybob
    edited March 2009
    Besides some vinyl I plan to bring along a pair of Niles OS-20 outdoor speakers...some of the better outdoor speakers IMHO. I also have a RS analog sound meter and an Avia test disc if interested.

I'm hoping some of my older vinyl is in good condition...I have the first 2 albums by Camel....if you are into progrock these guys were one of the first. I'll look at what I have and list some so we don't duplicate things.

Cold Ying Yang Lager sounds good along with a burger or 2! Once we see how many may attend perhaps we can divy up a grocery list?
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    I'll commit for now, bring some Usher loudspeakers and maybe some other stuff.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    Awesome muncybob. I'd be interested in the sound meter and test disc just for S&G's. Never had a chance to see what the old SDA's will put out.

Mark- Sounds good! I'd be happy to have you grace my humble abode.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I'll commit for now, bring some Usher loudspeakers and maybe some other stuff.

where are u located beside 6 feet under?
    I am 100% BORN DEAF and No I am not kidding! :D Why am I here? My wife's hearing! :p

My Home Theater Rig || Television: 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Viera Plasma || Power Conditioner: Power Monster HTS 3600 MKII || Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR805 || Blu-Ray/Gaming: 60 Gigabytes Playstation 3 || Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 || Fronts: Polk Audio RT800i || Center: Polk Audio CS245i || Surrounds: TBA|| Subwoofer: TBA
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    Guam.
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    It's a short drive...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    C'mon guys, this should be a good time no matter what. We've got some good vintage Polks, good brews, good food, and of course good company. George Grand, you need to consider making the trip :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2009
    If I were closer:( These get togethers rock. Good luck, and people need to get involved. Any camping, or attractions local? Also kids get out of school in some locals a little later... I hope people get out and make it happen.
    Take care.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2009
    nadams wrote: »
    George Grand, you need to consider making the trip :)

Thanks Noah, but does the world really need a future episode of CSI or Law & Order, which is only a LOOSE adaption of the actual facts?

I can't have my story told like that. I'm sure you understand.
  • CaligulaPolk
    edited March 2009
    Central PA like where?

• nadams
    edited March 2009
    Thanks Noah, but does the world really need a future episode of CSI or Law & Order, which is only a LOOSE adaption of the actual facts?

I can't have my story told like that. I'm sure you understand.

Rock on George. But believe me, the actual facts of your legacy will only LOOSELY be told if you DON'T show up. The stuff I tell of you will ONLY be based on my interpretation, and therefore will be more like the TV version than you can imagine.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • nadams
    edited March 2009
    Central PA like where?

Berwick, PA. ZIP 18603. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2009
    I'm in.