Get together feb 28th

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
Well guys you need to show up if you can. Many changes, and new gear.
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2009
    I wish I had the moola, I would organize a travel party.:(
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited February 2009
    ?

Anyone coming yet? I might actually be free for a little while on that day.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited February 2009
    Have a good time guys!

P.S.

Let me borrow that tube amp George.:);)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2009
    I'm pretty sure I should be able to make it.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ben62670
    edited February 2009
    I'm pretty sure I should be able to make it.

I gave up on you. Those tweeters Jerry bought are freaken awesome! Don't bring a cell phone charger. I still have yours:) I have some good news too;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2009
    What are the details? Who's all coming? When are we starting? And... ****.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2009
    What are the details? Who's all coming? When are we starting? And... ****.

If you are going,, bring a BIG SUV,, cause I'm bringing your amazings.:eek:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • george daniel
    edited February 2009
    Have a good time guys!

P.S.

Let me borrow that tube amp George.:);)

How close do you live to Tom? He will have it in a few days.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2009
    You mean they won't fit in my Dodge Neon? These are bookshelves, right?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2009
    George, I hope that you and the wife are feeling better, I'm in no rush. Oh, if Lightman1 is still coming down to Ben's then then you can just give the gear to him and I'll just catch up with him whenever, he's only about 45 minutes from the house.

Ben, I'm not gonna be able to make this one. I have a gym I have to sheetrock in and paint........and it's on a deadline. Sorry man. I haven't gotten the Clearview crossover yet, James is still using it in his system. I'll bring it down next go 'round.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    edited February 2009
    CANCELED!
    No Lightman equals no fun!!!

Rain date next week:)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2009
    What's up with Putzboy?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2009
    Define "****"....

"****" is ME calling off the mountains of hookers and blow to attend a mini-Polk gatherin' in Conyers. Next week, eh? Sounds splendid. I'll be sure to bring the quiche and escargot.
  • george daniel
    edited February 2009
    treitz3 wrote: »
    George, I hope that you and the wife are feeling better, I'm in no rush. Oh, if Lightman1 is still coming down to Ben's then then you can just give the gear to him and I'll just catch up with him whenever, he's only about 45 minutes from the house.

Ben, I'm not gonna be able to make this one. I have a gym I have to sheetrock in and paint........and it's on a deadline. Sorry man. I haven't gotten the Clearview crossover yet, James is still using it in his system. I'll bring it down next go 'round.

Wife is fine,,Mom was hospitalized, discharged now,, Dodd shipped,LMK on the Anthem ship or p/u--me, can't sleep, flu/aches etc,, next w/e looks good for me.Everyone stay healthy,,nasty crap going around.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Everyone knows my policy. It's open door here. If you drink here you stay here. We will have food this time:o Lightman claimed the laundry room already. If Tom makes it he has the corner at the top of the stairs. There is plenty of room for others. You guys can have your own room, or bunk with a buddy. Most of us are in touch by phone. I am just bumping this for shy Polkies who haven't been here;)
    Take care.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Activities will start Friday. Jerry and I will be preparing food, and setting up a bit. It will continue till Sunday morning. The corner at the top of the stairs is now open. Tom will not be able to make it. It sounds like we won't have a banjo player here either, but I did speak with a wino who is willing to play the spoons for 3 bottle of Boone's Farm Snow Creek Berry. I tried to talk him down to two bottles. I couldn't. Someone will have to pitch in the extra $2.50 to cover the price of the 3rd bottle. I invited Teddy. He graciously declined. He has a gig to go to. There will be chicks where he is going. We only have chickens. Lightman and Jerry I challenge you to a chicken race. The first man to get his chicken to one end of the yard, and back wins bragging rights.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2009
    I really hope for your sake, and ours, you shut of your internet connection for the weekend. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    OK People keep asking if we need anything. Here is the list
    7 Hula hoops
    5lbs frozen chicken gizzards
    2 rolls of duct tape
    2 1lbs cans of Crisco shortening
    12x12 tarp (blue)
    moth balls
    pack of wriggles speriment chewing gum
    box of 16 penny nails
    2 packs of red man chewing tabaco
    tranistor radio kit
    Poster sized glossy picture of smurfette
    1/2 gallon kerosene
    pick axe
    long handle round nosed shovel
    Purple ski masks
    3 pairs of cotton lined control top panty hose
    2 Barbie Porsche Power Wheels(sorry for the big ticket item:()
    Box of Depends under garments
    Utter butter
    3 legged stool
    1 bottle of 1947 Dom Periome
    2 bottles of MadDog 20/20 orange jubile
    23 1/2 feet of 5/16th inch chain rusty(low vis;))
    Anything by Foxy Brown on betamax
    Jane Fonda Workout tapes
    Slim Jims
    Steve Guttenburg
    Chomps McGee
    love
    did I say LOVE?
    an end to war in the Middle East
    Strawberry quick
    Hold the anchovies
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2009
    ROTFLAMAO!!! You guys are sick!
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    ROTFLAMAO!!! You guys are sick!

Ah 90% is humor in case the PC people don't get it. Ef them if they don't. Ef them if they do. Well its late. We are pretty much done here. We spun some vinyl. That is always a blast. Real good time. we have o get up early, but again thanks to the folks that showed. Real nice to meet Steve. Peace out.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2009
    You wusses are turning in so early????
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Please don't call PETA, but it appears one of the chickens has a soft spot for rum and cokes.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    The kitchen table looked like a mobile police narcotics lab. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers . . . and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls . . . Not that we needed all that for the get together, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. The bathroom floor was about six inches deep with soap bars, vomit, and grapefruit rinds, mixed with broken glass. I had to put my boots on every time I went in there to piss.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited March 2009
    Sounds like a good time was had by all Ben ;)
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • hearingimpared
    edited March 2009
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you mainiac.
  • Face
    edited March 2009
    All of a sudden I'm glad I don't live near our southern Polkies...

So where are the pics?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009
    Face wrote: »
    All of a sudden I'm glad I don't live near our southern Polkies...

So where are the pics?

She is much cuter in person.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited March 2009
    That hand looks familiar....
  • Face
    edited March 2009
    It looks like it's from a corpse.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2009

I love that jacket.
    Thanks
    Ben