upgrading center channel

Options
Tim
Tim Posts: 1
edited June 2003 in Speakers
I am looking to upgrade my center channel that came with my Polk 6700 series. Any suggestions? I would like it to be seamless with the front satellites of the Polk 6700 series. Has anyone tried a different center with this speaker set-up like the CSi30 or CSi40?
Post edited by Tim on

Comments

• fgr41
    fgr41 Posts: 432
    edited June 2003
    Options
    can't say I have tried either center with the 6700 but I do have the CS400i, older sibling to the CSi40 and I have to say it was one of the best additions to my setup. I was lucky enough to get all of my speakers out of the same series and it makes a world of difference.

I would suggest calling Polk and asking them what you asked here. See what they say would be a good match for the setup you have, also ask if an older series would match and if so which one. Then do some shopping and see what you can find.

Circuit City and other dealers should start to discount thier current Polk speakers soon as the NEW line is due out late summer / fall. You might be able to get a good deal on a "older" model that is still new in a box.

Best of luck
    Front
    Polk RT800i (BI-wired)
    Rear
    Polk RT600i
    Center
    Polk CS400i (BI-wired)
    Sub
    SVS 25-31PCi (22Hz tuning port)... it's SubHuman
    Receiver
    YAMAHA RX-V1400
    TV