RTA 15TL for Sale

sboxberg
sboxberg Posts: 11
edited May 2003 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
We're putting in a surround sound system (Polk RM7200) and I'm being forced to get rid of my system by the big boss. I have a pair of RTA 15TL speakers. Any idea what the value is for them? I'll probably have to sell them local (Kansas City area) since they'd be tough to ship. But, if anyone's interested, let me know too!

I also have Adcom Components (Power Amp GFA 545 II, Pre-amp/Tuner GTP 500 II). I'll post a separate thread for them. Those, I could ship!

Thanks!
Scott
Post edited by sboxberg on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2003
    Details man, details, watcha askin' for em?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sboxberg
    edited May 2003
    therein lies the problem. . .I'm hoping the experts here can help me gauge the value. I know what I paid for 'em new, but that doesn't mean much today! I saw one posting for them (can't remember where) that wanted $950. I'd be estatic if I got that much, but that's not realistic I don't think. . . .maybe $500 is more in line? I'm looking for help, here! :-)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    edited May 2003
    sboxberg, you've got mail.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    You buying them F1?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    F1 ain't near KC, so he's gotta be pouncing on the Adcom...

Go, F1, Go...

EDIT: Then again, he does know a good shipper...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited May 2003
    oh man I was wanting to do the har_navalta center channel.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • weavercr
    weavercr Posts: 289
    edited May 2003
    Sboxberg You have Mail about the adcom equipment.

F1 if you are interested also you have first dibbs.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    I could be interested im the RTA's, but haven't heard back from him. Adcom's are all yours guys.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• weavercr
    weavercr Posts: 289
    edited May 2003
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    If I can be of service let me know... I live right down the street from KC!!!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited May 2003
    Go Cuz Go...

I want you to have this pair...:)
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2003
    Go get em jesse..........:D I recently improved the low end performance of mine, I had them in the far corners angled in slightly and when we rearranged the room I moved them from about 16 feet to about 8 feet apart. You talk about an improvement not only in the sound stage but the low end just seemed to come from out of nowhere, now if I just had something decent to push them with.:rolleyes:

p.s jesse....did you get my last email?
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • har_navalta
    edited May 2003
    Or if you want we can split it again...:D

No...more speaker for me :)

Har
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Mike,

Yes, I did, but I forgot to respond...sorry. You've got mail.

Glad to hear about the improvements, 16' apart is TOO far.....lol.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by har_navalta
    No...more speaker for me :)

That's right, cuz. You are cut off!!! ;)

President of Club Polk

• sboxberg
    edited May 2003
    For those that are interested in the speakers . . .I believe I've replied to everyone that emailed me, so if you didn't hear back please send again.

I was checking the tweeters based on a question I received (to determine if the one I replaced right after I got the speakers was an SL3000 -- it was). Anyway, there's an indentation in one of the tweeters. If you're interested, I can send a picture. I haven't noticed an issue with the sound, but I'm not a hardcore audiophile. . .

Also, the lower back corner of the cabinet has a small chip out of it. I'll send a picture of that as well for anyone interested.

After all that, if you're still interested let me know. I would like to get $300 + shipping costs for the pair.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    Scott,

You've got more mail.

President of Club Polk

• har_navalta
    edited May 2003
    For $300.00. How about $250.00 give a $50.00 off for the
    SL3000? I will replace and buy a pair at polk audio will cost me
    about $130.00.

Let me know.
    Har

I'd attached the pic that you sent it to me.
  • har_navalta
    edited May 2003
    For $250.00+shipping I will take them:)

Let me know,
    Har
  • sboxberg
    edited May 2003
    Thanks all for the interest. I've reached agreement and sold them.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2003
    That tweeter looks like someone said, "OOOO look at that, its pret....oh....OMG....I am so so sorry...it won't make it sound weird will it????...OMG.. I AM.. SO..SORRY"

:)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Kind of an MFT don't you think?

"monkey face tweeter"
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • har_navalta
    edited May 2003
    These pair should go only for $250. Tweets like that or nothing:(
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited May 2003
    That should may come back out unless it is like mine, it still has some tiny dimples left but it does not effect performance. Jesse...are you the lucky one?
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • sboxberg
    edited May 2003
    Just wanted to give an update. Russ and I ended up making a deal and all went well. I got an email from him that he received the speakers (although with him moving I guess he hasn't had a chance to unpack). I got the money order in the mail. So, all went well on this deal!
  • F1nut
    edited May 2003
    sboxberg,

Nice follow up. To everyone else, I passed the deal to Hoosier as he wants to build a center channel like Har's and I'll get the next pair that come along.

President of Club Polk