Wiring another amp???

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I want to put in another amp to power my polk 6x9's. I was wondering where I have to get my preamp signal from and my remote signal from. I have a JL Audio 250/1 powering my JL 12w3. The frequency response on this amp is very low, but there are preamp outputs on the 250/1. Are those pre-outputs sending a signal at that low frequency or can I go ahead and use those outputs to send my signal to the other amp that will be powering my 6x9's???? Also can I just parallel off my JL 2501/1 with the remote wire and go to the new amp???
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    tony - u can just jupm the remote wire off the 250/1 to the new amp... far as the output signal from the 250/1 -- opening up my JLw7's owner's manual here (no i dont own one, however it's been said "keep your friend's close, your enemies closer" -- and so i have a w7 owner's manual)...

well -- it doesnt "say" -- however it shows a picture of both the 500/1 and hte 1000/1 -- assumeing the 250/1 has the same controls.... on teh far side of the amp should be a panel with RCA outputs and next to it a few controls labeled as such:

output mode: full range / amp filter / out filter.
    ---> set this to "out filter"

filter slope: 12db / 24db
    ---> set this to 12 db

filter mode: LP / HP
    ---> set this to HP

a dial: Filter Frequency --> set this betwen 85 and 120 -- 85 might be good and give u more bass or it might rattle or not sound right so go up... its variant -- anything over 120 will cut out too much bass i think.. anything lower than 70 will cause too much overlap between subs and highs.

so here's hopin teh 250/1 is setup the same as the 500/1 & 1000/1 ... and good luck to ya :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge