MoMo MM2104DVC 10" sub

Options
Razzman
Razzman Posts: 9
edited May 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a couple of quick questions for the experts.

1) Can anyone tell me the box displacement of this sub? I'm building a new enclosure and it's not listed in the specs anywhere that i can see.

2) The specs call for a .66 cf box as optimal. I'm going to drive this with 400w @ 2ohms and it just seems like a small box for it.

3) Does anyone know if Polk's recommended box size include displacement?

Thanks again
Post edited by Razzman on

Comments

• Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actual enclosure it .718 or .72 before displacement. That not bad its similar to JL Audio's 10 inch enclosures at .62. Polk also suggest some polyfill so the woofer will think the enclosure is actually larger. I would give it a try you will probably be surprised at its performance. What is the year, make and model of the vehicle you are installing it in?
  • Razzman
    Razzman Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm putting it in my boat. I currently have a Memphis sub in there but at 200w peak it's kinda weak in an open air scenario. I'm hopeing the Polk will sound much better.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Boats are different animals. Like putting a sound system in a large convertible. If you go from 200 watts of power to 400 watts of power with the same size speaker the gain in volume is on about 3DB. That is not much. You may be able to hear a difference but don't expect it to sound twice as loud. For that you would have to increase power to about 1600 watts.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ... the suspension needs the small box. You'll shred that sub in a large box; but don't fret, it'll sound fantastic in a little one. You can also dump gobs and gobs of power on it too.

400 to 500 watts is not unreasonable.

It'll make a difference, but... that also assumes that you've got a 200 watt sub at 86 db (or where abouts the momo is at), beecause if you've got a 200 watt sub that's 92 db efficient, and you replace it with a 400 watt sub that's only 86 db efficient, then guess what -- it'll be quieter!
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge