speaker...cell phone...what?!?

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
ok i have a problem ive never heard happening before...
i dont plan to fix the problem anytime soon...b/c its kind of helpful in a way...
but whenever my cell phone rings in my truck...one of my kenwood exceleron 4x6s in the back starts buzzing...but only the passenger side speaker
its helpful cuz when im playing my system really loud and i cant hear my cell...i hear the speaker...lol
and everytime i get a call like a second before it rings the speaker starts buzzing and then my cell phone starts ringing but after i press the talk button and start talking the buzzing stops
ive never heard of this in my life...and i think it has to be the wiring that goes to the speaker...cuz its factory wiring and i dont have an amp connected to those speakers
thanks...
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2003
    My PSW650 and computer monitor both go crazy when my cell phone rings too.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    my 88 pickup did that -- when the cellie rang -- 2 secs before -- it would go "bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" through all 4 speakers.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    I'm an engineering manager for a wireless provider... can you guys tell me what type of phones you have and who your service provider is? This is interesting to me and I'd like to do some RF calcs on it.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    I'm an engineering manager for a wireless provider...

I'll hold that against you for next time.....say if you don't mind telling, which provider do you work for. Any way we can scoop up some good deals?

Tony
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    I work for an affiliate company of Sprint PCS called Alamosa PCS. We own and operate our own networks but they are branded and sold as Sprint PCS.

If the issues with the buzzing and noise generated were with say an AT&T or Cingular or a T-Mobile I can understand that source of noise. Reason being when calls are settup up the mobiles are at there max power and furthermore there is no power control untill the call is settup and the system has enough time to instruct the mobile to power down. It would be much like having your car amps cranked to max and hit the on button. The music would be blasting untill you had time to turn the volume down.

On Sprint or Verizon networks this should not be the case. We settup a call under much lower power conditions and on CDMA networks the power control has a much finer granularity.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited May 2003
    Cool bit of info to know. I'm a T-Mobile customer myself sport'n the Moto V60g phone.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2003
    I've got a Nokia 5165 thru US Cellular.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    I had Nokia phone on "Cell One" which is a company that Cingular used to be known as -- it was non-digital... basic "cell" phone... that was like 5 yrs ago tho.

Then I had an Ericcson dually capable digital with analog default for when satellite signal was interferred with... through Cingular.

Both buzzed.

My girlfriend's Kyocera Sprint PCS phone does not cause the phenomenon of Buzzing.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2003
    I have us cellular with a panasonic phone
    model type: eb-tx320usw
    this phone weighs only 3.1 oz.
    bad thing: battery only last 2 days when you DONT use it
    -Cody