Best Room Set-Up?

davo32683
davo32683 Posts: 1
New here and have a few questions for you gurus. Having a hard time setting up my room to be ideal. Room layout is really bad for HT so this may be a challenge. I've attached a sketch of how it's set up and unfortunately it's about the only way.

I am working on upgrading my set up and buying pieces here and there. So far I've got a CS10 center, TSi100 fronts and M10 rears.

How should I set up the speakers based on current TV location? Wall mount isn't really an option due to a wood burning fireplace. Ceiling is vaulted and basically splits the couch and fireplace down the middle.

From what I know, the center channel should be at the TV location, however it's too large for my console.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post edited by davo32683 on

Comments

• wutadumsn23
    wutadumsn23 Posts: 3,702
    edited April 2010
    Looks like you have a bugger of a room layout there davo. Have you though about moving the TV to the left wall and re arranging the furniture around it there? Is that even a possibility, since as you said the way you have it now is about the only way. You can get some stands for the 100's and put one on either side of the TV (regardless of where it ends up) If you can't fit the 10 in your console, can you wall mount the TV (If applicable) and put the center channel on the console then? I'm sure these are all ideas you have thought of or tried already, but it's the best I can think of. Welcome to Club Polk, hopefully we get some more ideas from the other guys.

-Jeff
    HT Rig
    Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR806
    Mains- Polk Audio Monitor 70
    Center- Polk Audio CS2
    Surrounds- Polk Audio TSi 500's :D
    Sub- Polk Audio PSW125
    Retired- Polk Audio Monitor 40's
    T.V.- 60" Sony SXRD KDS-60A2000 LCoS
    Blu-Ray- 80 GB PS3

2 CH rig (in progress)
    Polk Audio Monitor 10A's :cool:

It's not that I'm insensitive, I just don't care.. :D
  • ikolbyi
    ikolbyi Posts: 77
    edited April 2010
    Davo, I hate to say it but you may be a candidate for a soundbar, especially if you decided to hang the TV on the fireplace.

What is the size of the room and ceiling height? That will help the discussion so we understand further the dynamics of the room.
    Zone 1
    (5.1 Setup)
    -- VM 20 (L/R)
    -- RM 8 Center (center)
    -- VM 10 (S.L/R)
    -- DSW microPRO 1000 (LFE)
    Zone 2
    -- Atrium 45
    Denon AVR-2809
    (7.1 Setup)
    -- RM 6600 (L/R + center + S.L/R)
    -- RM 7 (SB.L/R)