Sound Waves
Sound Waves Posts: 4
edited April 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello Everyone,
I have a questions regarding the mm2104svc now my system setup is
Alpine HU CDA9883 (soon to be replaced)
Componets Infinity Ref 6.5"
Coaxial Infinity Ref 6.5" (rear fill)
Monoblock Alpine MRD-M605 (400wrms into 4ohms,655wrms into 2ohms @ 14.4vdc) My real output, is 362.5wrms into 4ohms,591.25wrms into 2 ohms @ 13.8vdc.
1 Farad Cap Rockford Fosquate
My vehicle is "06" Nissan Sentra/Datsun
I'm currently have one yes one momo in a .75cu.ft. sealed box, I thinking about a vented box.
1. If the momo is calling for vented box how big is the box need to be?
2. The port/vent tube, how large the internal diameter need to be?
3. How long does it need to be?
4. Does the vent needs to be tuned to the momo's FS (35hz) because what I'm trying to do is to have it tuned between 30-35hz. I don't want any ripple bass response if that possible.
5. I'm thinking about changing my Infinitys, but the question is do I need to match the speaker's efficiency/s.p.l. to my mm2104's (86db) efficiency ratings?
6. On a realistic note, how low is low for car audio music reproduction?
7. What if any do you guys recommend?
Please, help!.!
Post edited by Sound Waves on

Comments

• Sound Waves
    Sound Waves Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have done some adjustments, my HU's Sub vol is now @ +2, the V12 sub amp is 0.2v.
    Before you go off I carefully adjusted my sub amp in a way so it don't distort. Also, the fader is now @ 15 (towards the front) with no rear fill. I like that setup, I can really hear my sub with authority!!!
    I've notice that my V12 sub amp power meter shows a 14.0v and it maintains it for a long periods of time. This is very good news for me, that means my power output is now @ 375watts!!! It gave me the bass response that I dream so much about. To answer one of my questions earlier, with this new setup
    I don't recommend any momos being in a vented enclosure..
    Thank You, Polk Audio for making the mm2104svc subwoofer.