What's you're favorite April Fools joke

Options
jimmydep
jimmydep Posts: 1,305
edited April 2010 in The Clubhouse
One of my favorites is; Put a rubber band around the spray nozzle on the kitchen sink. Face it toward the user, when they turn the water on, they get sprayed.

The funny thing is most people will turn the water off and check the spout, then turn the water on again and get sprayed a second time.:):):):eek::D:D

Jimmy
Post edited by jimmydep on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I gotta try that one on my wife tonight!
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2010
    Options

Don't stand too close as the usual response is to get you all wet to.

Good Luck

Jimmy
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Or colored electrical tape.

I was supposed to have a job interview today, but the guy ended up rescheduling. I sent a text to my brother "got the job, start the 2nd week in may!". He called back a few minutes later...'hey! congratulations!'...'April fools!'...'aww, you serious?'

Meanwhile, I was reading on another forum where someone posted they were in the er on facebook and got like 6 calls asking if he was alright...so i put 'about to go to the OR after getting side swiped on my motorcycle'. Someone called my brother and he called me back laughing...and i had another 2 messages on facebook within 10 minutes.

Heres another one:
    http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/31661/

The Corpus rock station i listened to when i was down there pulled some pretty good ones. The first was a topless breakfast bar...which was the 2 DJs (males) dressed in drag without their shirts under a tent giving away poptarts...they were getting calls weeks later asking where the location was...hilarious.

A couple years later they said they had got a new manager who wanted a lot of things changed and they didnt like it, so they quit and had dead air during their morning show. They got a little backlash from that as advertisers were calling the station threatening to pull their ads if the morning show DJs werent going to be there. Talk about job security!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Slinger182
    Slinger182 Posts: 512
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My favorite was the left handed whopper that Burger King advertised in the USA today in 1998.
    Panny 55-st30 plasma
    Pioneer vsx-1121
    Parasound 2100 pre
    b&k tx4430 amp
    Oppo bdp-83
    Monster HTS 3500
    polk TSi500s Vr3 Fortress modded
    polk CS20 center channel Vr3 Castle modded
    polk Owm 3 surrounds
    polk PSW505
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2010
    Options
    saran wrap over the toilet bowl.
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Fireman32 wrote: »

now THAT is funny
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited April 2010
    Options

Dont do it !!!!! i did and still get reminded about it 3 yrs later:D
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited April 2010
    Options

Actually, there's an ULTIMATE version of that prank. Get yourself some clear gelatin, boil it up good... turn the water off to the toilet, flush it, then pour into the bowl and let it set up. Takes a while to get hard, but once it does, turn the water back on. The water on top of this will make it look nice and clear... but if anyone uses it... :D

It's also really mean, 'cause it's a pain in the **** to clean up!

My joke for the day was telling one of my coworkers by text message that 3 of our computers were hit by a surge, including hers, and that she might as well not come in because I couldn't replace the power supplies until Monday. Right about the time she called me screaming that she had stuff to go out today, I let her off the hook.
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jimmydep wrote: »
    One of my favorites is; Put a rubber band around the spray nozzle on the kitchen sink. Face it toward the user, when they turn the water on, they get sprayed.

The funny thing is most people will turn the water off and check the spout, then turn the water on again and get sprayed a second time.:):):):eek::D:D

Jimmy

I did this to my mom a couple years ago. Pretty funny.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This is kind of an inside joke, as you have to know my office manager--very paranoid about any kind of computer problem. That originates from when we first computerized my office, and we were running windows 95/98, and then ME, which were very buggy and didn't play well over a network, at least in my office they didn't. So she was constantly coming to me with computer issues and problems which I would have to troubleshoot. She kind of HATED those computers.

At that time we were using a timeclock program on the computer to keep track of employee hours. So I set up an icon on the desktop that was in the same position as the timeclock icon, and looked identical, that when she clicked on it would go to the "badger badger badger" video. (http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/) I was going to turn the volume way up, but I thought I might give her a heart attack if I did, so I only turned it up a little. I didn't work on 1 apr, so I was waiting at home for the frantic phone call that I was sure was going to come. Well, it got to be 9:05, then 9:10, and finally about 9:15 I get the call; her first words were "I didn't do anything wrong!"

I said "It's doing WHAT? What did you do?" But I couldn't keep from laughing for long. It was hilarious.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,019
    edited April 2010
    Options

Now that is WRONG......:eek:

What a mess to clean up!:mad:
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Cheese and bean dip all over the toilet seat at work. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TNRabbit
    TNRabbit Posts: 2,168
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ...treitz3 claiming all his $h!t was stolen...
    TNRabbit
    NO Polk Audio Equipment :eek:
    Sunfire TG-IV
    Ashly 1001 Active Crossover
    Rane PEQ-15 Parametric Equalizers x 2
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Seven
    Carver AL-III Speakers
    Klipsch RT-12d Subwoofer
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TNRabbit wrote: »

I'm superstitious about stuff like that. Definitely something I wouldn't do.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Face wrote: »

Good one!
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Face wrote: »

yuck!

well in college as a prank and a mean one at that we used to do something called a piss plate. and would ONLY do it to those that would really really piss us off and well a few RAs (we called them CA) would have it happen after some not so good things.
    Take a plate and very carefully pee into a cup and then poor what you can on top and place it in a freezer. the trick is to keep trying to slowly build up the top so that when it would melt it will over flow on the plate. Then you would slide it under the person's door and wait awhile before they wake up and take a stick or what you could and shake the plate. This would then cause them to get piss all over inside their rooms as is a pain to clean up.

or for april fools we would take our garbage cans fill them up with water from the shower and sneak into each others rooms and dump them all over the person sleeping. normally we did it as april fools because you were a fool not to lock your door at night.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    or for april fools we would take our garbage cans fill them up with water from the shower and sneak into each others rooms and dump them all over the person sleeping. normally we did it as april fools because you were a fool not to lock your door at night.

We did the same thing. However, we would mix all sort of things into the garbage can. Coffee grounds, condiments, anything we could pull from the common kitchen.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,713
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't really do the April Fools thing. I actually hate the day. It's just people who are painfully unfunny trying laboriously to be funny and failing miserably.

Pulling pranks though? I'm all for that!

At my last job, we had one guy who would always pull stuff. Like taking all the keys from everybody's keyboards and putting them in a ziploc bag, all jumbled up and hung from a ceiling light, 15 feet high. It wasn't all that funny, we wasted 4 hours at work putting it all back together but I gotta admit, he did do alot of work for it and I had wished I thought of it.

But he was away on travel when he did it. He did it just before he left. He was laughing about all the phone calls and emails he got. But we got him back. I went out to Staples and got two huge bags of pink packing peanuts, a 6 pack of packing tape and an economy sized pack of 3 inch Post It notes.

We covered everything on his desk with 3 inch post-it notes. I mean everything. It looked like his desk and all his stuff including computers, staplers, scissors, etc. were made out of post it notes.

Then we went in to the lab where we had some room and started laying out sheets of packing tape by overlapping about a 1/2 inch and laying strips parallel. When we got it finished, we stretched it over the top of his cubicle and secured it. We then took the packing peanuts and made sure we stuck a peanut on every square inch of the tape so you couldn't see through.

Then I opened his computer up and just slightly popped things like memory, hard drive cables and such out of place enough that when he booted the machine, it would come up with all kinds of errors for which he would call the help desk. But, that would be difficult because, since we had old phones like these:

250015VBA20M2.jpg

you could swap the microphone and speaker pieces. When the phone was picked up, there'd be no dial tone. But the phone would still ring and when the phone was picked up, it would just screech in your ear with feedback. Sweet.

We also shoved his chair under his desk, pulled the "lift" level up and gave it a good tug to wedge the arms under the desk. Did that stupid prank just for good measure. By itself, it's dumb. Coupled with other stuff, it's like putting sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

Then we made another sheet of tape to cover the door and stuck peanuts on that too. We secured it to the door and made sure it wouldn't fall down by using pins in the cloth cubicle wall.

The boss was annoyed by it but the boss' boss thought it was spectacularly creative and felt this guy deserved it. The boss' boss was a subject of the guy's pranks himself on more than one occasion so he saw it as getting back at him. So the annoyed boss was over-ruled and the effort stayed up until he got back. We had to leave a sign asking people not to email or call him to tell him what happened. The day he came back, we all made sure we were in extra early so we wouldn't miss the reveal.

He honestly thought we filled his cubicle with peanuts. It just went downhill for him after that. We laughed for days. Days.

This was my inspiration:
    cubicle_joke.jpg
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited April 2010
    Options
    \

+1

I thought that one was pretty good...especially since I didn't take it seriously, and realized that it was probably an April Fools joke.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We put an open can of sardines and tuna fish on the engine manifold of my brother in laws car when he got married....yes, he drove around for a few weeks before finding it.:D
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • Jstas
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The peanut guy got me back though. I went away on travel and when I came back, he had put post it notes everywhere identifying everything on my desk as mine. The notes said stuff like "John's computer", "John's other computer", John's phone" and it just went on. He even went inside the computer cases and put notes like "John's memory stick", "John's other memory stick", "John's other other memory stick". In fact, when I crawled under my desk to find out what the noise coming from the fan in my computer was (another post it identifying the fan as mine), I found more. He labeled every wire under my desk. He even labeled the screws holding my desk together as well as the wall supports and a coffee stain on the floor from the previous tenant.

It was a good prank.

The guys who helped me with the peanuts got hit too. One guy had a family full of girls. So he had a large Ford Expedition for a vehicle. Well, peanut guy took a squeezable tube of Vaseline and squeezed it out under the door handles of every handle except the driver's door. It took 3 days for that to get discovered, on a Saturday, by all 4 women in his family all at once. I liked that one because the prank itself was simple but the collateral damage is where the real pain from the prank resided. I actually laughed at it when I was told about it.

The other guy had silly stuff done to him because he could dish it out but couldn't take it.

• Jstas
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We got peanut guy back with a prank that actually stopped his pranking for a while.

Peanut guy was unhappy about a reorg that pulled us out from under the boss' boss and put us in a department he didn't want to be in. So he was going on and on for months that he was leaving and going to find a new job. It gradually morphed in to him planning a walk out and so on. It got tiresome listening to the whining. So, one day, while he was on vacation we planned it out. Seven people were involved in this one and it all started when one guy said "Man, we should throw peanut guy a going away party if he's "leaving"!" One of my co-workers said "I will buy the damn cake if you make the party invite." The twinkle came to everyone's eye and it was on!

For 4 weeks we set this up. We bought a cake, got all kinds of favors and banners and even party hats. We emailed our department's admin assistant, filled her in and asked her to help spread the word and keep it secret 'cause it was a surprise party. We even had the director of our division show up!

We told everyone that peanut guy was leaving after so long of a tenure here. We were throwing a going away party. There would be cake and so on but it was a surprise party so mums the word! Thankfully, everybody kept quiet about the party but for like 2 weeks he was getting emails asking about his "new position" and such. He couldn't figure out why. But since he was deployed on a ship for test events, he couldn't really respond to anything that wasn't related to the event he was on to keep costs down on expensive satellite communications connections.

Well, he was going on vacation when he got done with the event. So we set it all up for the day he came back. When he walked in the door, there were like 50 people gathered. There were banners above his cubicle and everything. He walked in and everybody turned around and said "SURPRISE!" Then they started congratulating him. The admin assistant started cutting up the cake and passing it around. Peanut guy was standing there in stunned silence for like 10 minutes. Then he got this look on his face like somebody just kicked his dog and shouts "YOU GUYS F@#%$* SUCK!" and stormed out.

I was in tears and unable to breathe I was laughing so hard. The director, with cake in his hands cuts a piece, walks past us and says "Man, you guys really know how to bust some balls." and started back to his office. He stops and says "When do you think he'll be in again? 'Cause I have to talk to him about a bid contract." The guy with the family full of girls says "I don't think we're going to see him for another week!"

Whenever I see people from my old job in other places and they start talking about "old times", that prank always comes up.

About 6 months later, peanut guy ended up leaving for another position that put him in Japan for 18 months and when that stint was up, he went to Korea for 30 months. Then he went to Kwajalein for 10 months then back to Korea for 18. That last trip got extended for another 18 months and he's finally due back here in the States next month.

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I love the jokes where people pretend they're in the hospital. I mean, what's more funny than allowing people to think you're seriously injured?
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The correct answer would be "cervical cancer". What did I win?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,852
    edited April 2010
    Options

That was hilarious. What's even more hilarious is that the thread got shut down. It was an April Fool's joke, it's suppose to make people look like fools....HELLO!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The correct answer would be "cervical cancer". What did I win?

Ti Kwan Leep Boot To The Head

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How true F1 and Rabbit.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • grimmace19
    grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Years back my sister thought it was a good April Fools joke to take all the clothes out of my closet and hang them in hers... Well it took about 4 seconds to find them and wasn't a big deal. At the time she had a few dwarf hamsters which are notorious for eating each other (mostly their babies if something is wrong). So I took 1 of them out of it's cage and put it into the ball and let it roll around my room and left the other in the cage. I then took some red food coloring and put a few drops around the cage on the shavings. After she got home and saw the cage she started to cry within 10 seconds. My mom could hardly hold back her laughter but kept it together well enough for my sister to think that one really ate the other. After about 30 minutes I had to give in and let the hamster roll out of my room and show her it was still alive.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    Ti Kwan Leep Boot To The Head

Ed Gruberman, tae kwan leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever to the horizon.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2010
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    .. it's suppose to make people look like fools....HELLO!

Don't worry, it did.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.