Upgraded my center channel at Circuit City

Options
jkratzer
jkratzer Posts: 148
edited May 2003 in Speakers
I have been reading this forum for some time reading everyone's comments about the CSi40 vs. CSi30. I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade.

Circuit City took my 5 month old CSi30 and credited me the full purchase price which I applied to a new CSi40. The CSi40 was also on sale with $40 off the list price. I immediately loaded up "The Matrix" to see what the CSi40 can do. The CSi30 was good but this CSi40 is unbelievable! I'm so glad I upgraded. With the CSi30, I had to adjust the center channel to a higher level than the other channels because the dialog was not clear or loud enough. But with the CSi40 this is no longer the case. I have all channels balanced with a rat shack sound meter and everything sounds balanced. I've heard sounds in some scenes that I did not know existed. The CSi40 has the same drivers and power ports that exist on my RTi38 fronts and are a perfect match.

I've learned how important the center is in a home theater setup and I will never go cheap again on the center speaker.
My 7.1 setup consists of:
Denon 3803
Panasonic DVD
RTi70s front
CSi40 front center
RTi28s side surround
FXi30s back surround
PSW202 Subwoofer - Hey, it's my first sub!
RCA 46" 4:3 RPTV
Post edited by jkratzer on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Congrats on the upgrade!
    With the CSi30, I had to adjust the center channel to a higher level than the other channels because the dialog was not clear or loud enough. But with the CSi40 this is no longer the case.

Sounds like the same problem I had when I started off with the CS245 center and then upgraded to the CS400.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited May 2003
    Options
    i agree, i am also going to upgrade to a csi40, i have the cs245i and sometimes the dialog isnt clear enough.