Bridged PA500.4 question

Options
Vital
Vital Posts: 747
edited March 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Any (most at least) 4 channel amp have 2 sets of controls (gain, x-over...) - "front" and "rear"
When bridged into 2 channels some amp's "front" (or "rear") becomes the only one to use for both speakers but some amps still keep both sets of controls so in reality u get "left" and "right"

I just installed PA200.4 and apparantly when bridged it turns into "left" and "right" which is absolutly fine since they are powering my comps in the front door.

BUUUUT - is PA500.4 the same way? If so then how does "bass remote control" come into play??? Will it only work for the left (rear only if 4 channels are used) or will it work for both??
I'm using bridged pa500.4 for rear door 8''midbass woofers so having a functional bass remote control def comes in handy.
2008 Nissan Altima
Kenwood DNX 5140
Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
Post edited by Vital on

Comments

• Vital
    Vital Posts: 747
    edited March 2010
    Options
    26 views.
    Anyone??
    2008 Nissan Altima
    Kenwood DNX 5140
    Arc Audio IDX and XEQ
    Polk Audio SR6500 active and SR124-dvc sealed
    Polk Audio PA500.4 and PA1200.1
  • MCCLIPSE
    MCCLIPSE Posts: 176
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm really not sure but my guess would be it work for both rear channels bridged together. It would be easy to test once they're hooked up. Just play with the bass remote and see if it attenuates the bass in the rear speakers at all.
    Truck system so far...

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi

Kenwood KDC-X492 HU
    MM651 coaxials in doors

Family Room:

Panasonic TC-P50G25 50" Plasma
    Panasonic DMP-BD655K BDP
    XBOX 360 250GB
    Harman/Kardon HK3480(on loan)
    Monitor 70 Series II
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whether the PA500.4 is running 4 channel or 2 channel the remote bass control will only work on the rear channels. If you are using the rear channels to run your midbass then you should have the Bass boost set to flat or off. This bass boost frequency is below that of mid bass and will cause you more harm than good. The idea behind the PA500.4 is to use the amp to run a complete system with mid and high frequency drivers on the front channels and subwoofer on the rear channels. Polk still gives you the ability to have some sort of sub level control during this application.