Just thought I'd share...

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
...I was on my way to grab something for lunch here at work. As I was sitting at a traffic light, some guy in a Camaro pulls up next to me. He was wearing sunglasses (it's cloudy today) and had a white shirt and red tie on. He started revving his engine. Having no interest in his Camaro or him whatsoever, I gleefully ignored him and changed the CD to Jimi Hendrix -- Electriclady Land. I hear the guy yelling to me and asking me "What's it got?" I glanced over and then just looked back ahead of me waiting for the light to change (long light).

So the guy gets angry and yells "What are you, stupid?"

Now all I can think is why does Mr. Mini-member have to call me names? What an asshat. So I turned up Voodoo Child while he was stewing in his own juices and revving the wee out of his engine. At 75% volume, I could no longer hear his car making noise and all I could see was his lips moving but hear no sound coming from them. Judging by the look on his face and the way he was pointing to his ear, I don't think he could hear himself anymore either. It's amazing what 1200 watts will do for a stereo!

So the light turns green and I take off. Mr. Mini-member takes off too thinking I am racing. I finish making my left and look in the rearview as Mr. Mini-member comes this >< close to hitting the unmarked police car that is in opposing traffic and also making a left. Mr. Mini-member neglected to pay attention and went straight through the intersection as fast as he could when the light changed to my...left turn arrow.

I imagine Mr. Mini-member got a pretty hefty fine for it. Serves him right too. Lousy jerk.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    ... you know, I absolutely love your sense of humor... "mr. mini-member asshat".

classic -- truly.

i hope he did get a ticket.. i'm friggin sick of sporty jerk-**** comin up beside trucks acting like they have the "smokin-est" ride around. fact of the day - many sports cars have modified truck engines.

people that drive and act like **** behidn the wheel of a vehicle are only endangering the well being of others.

like that intersection -- who cares if he's actin like a jerk blowin off steam goin through a light... but what about the lil kid crossin the street that he mow's over. he oughta be hung from his balls and have his car crushed by a monster truck.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited May 2003
    As a true Porsche driver and fan I must offer teh specs on the new Porsche Cayenne SUV. Remember that Car and Driver says that this SUV handles as well as a Porsche Boxter (lets see Mr. Mini-Member take this thing on stock.

Cayenne S
    # of cylinders: 8

Horsepower: 340 hp @ 6,000 rpm

Torque: 273 lb-ft @ 2.500-5.500

Drivetrain: Four-wheel drive

Top Speed: 150 mph

Acceleration:
    (0-62 mph) 7.2 sec

MSRP: US $55,900

Cayenne Turbo

Horsepower: 450 hp @ 6,000 rpm

Torque: 460 lb-ft @ 2.250-4.750

Top Speed: 160 mph

Acceleration:
    (0-62 mph) 5.6 sec

MSRP: US $88,900

And both of these things can tow over 7000lbs.
    Eat your heart out Mini-member

Adam Keske
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited May 2003
    Originally posted by Keske944
    As a true Porsche driver and fan I must offer teh specs on the new Porsche Cayenne SUV. Remember that Car and Driver says that this SUV handles as well as a Porsche Boxter (lets see Mr. Mini-Member take this thing on stock.

Cayenne S

Horsepower: 340 hp @ 6,000 rpm

Torque: 273 lb-ft @ 2.500-5.500

Top Speed: 150 mph

Acceleration:
    (0-62 mph) 7.2 sec

MSRP: US $55,900

Cayenne Turbo

Horsepower: 450 hp @ 6,000 rpm

Torque: 460 lb-ft @ 2.250-4.750

Top Speed: 160 mph

Acceleration:
    (0-62 mph) 5.6 sec

MSRP: US $88,900

And both of these things can tow over 7000lbs.
    Eat your heart out Mini-member

Adam Keske

Heh, I'm still faster! :cool:
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    :( damn porsche would smoke me.

what's the redline on the turbo model? (i wonder what redline horse is... probably something sick like 500+)?

towing over 7k makes it a hell of a vehicle -- might as well be a damn truck...
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge