Mits Electrical Focus and SVM disable

Options
Ron-P
Ron-P Posts: 8,516
edited May 2003 in Electronics
Here are a few pics to help anyone who wishes to disable SVM via the circuit board or do an electrical focus.

SVM

Here is a shot of the SVM board located near the middle gun. The three white sockets (circled in blue) are for SVM, just unplug and your good to go. Two of the three cables in the pic are taped up just below the circle.

SVM-1.jpg

Here is a closer look at the SVM board and the cable that needs to be unpluged. Remember, there is one cable per gun.

SVM-2.jpg

Electrical Focus

The trimpot for doing an electrical focus of the three guns is located to the left, it is the only trimpot.

Trimpot-1.jpg

The bottom 3 knobs will adjust the R G B color guns. Pull up the single cross hair in your user convergence menu, seperate the 3 guns so each color is visable. Next, using a small screw driver turn the knobs to focus the guns. Very easy to do. It's best to defocus first ant then refocus.

WARNING DO NOT touch the upper 3 knobs that are labled SCREEN. IF you touch these you will need a service tech.

These two tweaks are very easy IF you take your time. Almost near impossible to screw it up, but I have read about people who have, basically because of being in a hurry or carelessness. Don't be either and you can greatly improve your sets PQ.

These tweaks only apply to Mits TVs.

Peace Out~:D
If...
Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
Post edited by Ron-P on

Comments

• ezc
    ezc Posts: 426
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Good info. I disabled my svm through service menu & it made a noticable difference. I had my set adjusted today under warranty the pic was tilted to the left. The tech adjusted the yokes. He used the single cross or + expanded & seperatred the colors, than leveled out the guns than refocused. It was done ok. Im picky so for me the repair was ok. The set was off by .5" to start & tilted to the left after the repair it is off by about 1/4" tilted to the right. I can live with that but some day I want to adjust the yokes to be exact as possible.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I had geometry speed bumps when I got my set. Had the tech guy come out and he did an OK job, but not good enough for me. So... I cut a piece of plexy glass the size of the screen, brought up the convergence grid and matched all the end points and marked them on the glass. Next, I drew out all the grids on the plexy, hung it on the TV, went into the service menu, into the fine green grid display, sat back and got the geometry near perfect. It took several hours to do, but well worth it. Then, I had the ISF done and that really made a HUGE difference in PQ. Do that, if you can afford it down the road.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.