The Pure Joy of Driving....

13»

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2010
    Oh good, all this thread was missing was a Ford / Chevy pissing match.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2010
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Oh good, all this thread was missing was a Ford / Chevy pissing match.

No...we were actually missing someone complaining that it degraded to a Ford/Chevy pissing match. Now the universe is in balance and all is well.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,341
    edited March 2010
    shack wrote: »
    No...we were actually missing someone complaining that it degraded to a Ford/Chevy pissing match. Now the universe is in balance and all is well.
    I disagree strongly with your post. We need a Dodge-boy to step up to the plate for his side and then, only then, will order be restored.:):p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,598
    edited March 2010
    They are both great cars. I've been a Mustang fan as long as I can remember, but I certainly wouldn't mind a new Camaro SS if circumstances were different. Only problem would be fitting it into my garage. Oh, and I'd have a hard time getting the kids into their car seats ;) Yes, my Mazdaspeed3 is fitted complete with a pair of matching Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seats that get used every work day.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • shack
    edited March 2010
    I disagree strongly with your post. We need a Dodge-boy to step up to the plate for his side and then, only then, will order be restored.:):p

Are they still making Mopars?

I forgot...of course they are!

BTW...it's a Hemi.

fiat-500c-p-3.jpg

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited March 2010
    Camaro's RULE!!!:D:p and they do things out of the factory that Ford has to hire out because they cannot get it right to start with!;):cool:

apparently 2 of those things that GM can do that Ford can't is

a) avoid making a profit like fat kids avoid outdoor activity
    b) Bankruptcy filings with subsequent government takeovers

Ford makes a good car these days folks, get over it. This coming from someone who was not always a big fan of some Ford designs. That said, I always buy what I like
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shack
    edited March 2010
    ohskigod wrote:
    That said, I always buy what I like

Ya think?

This coming from a man who drives a hot rod Mustang and Nissan Cube. :D

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2010
    billbillw wrote: »
    Actually, the last time Car and Driver (July 09) tested a factory Camaro SS vs a factory Mustang GT, the Mustang took top honors. They actually had a Challenger RT in the mix too.

The Mustang might be down slightly on power, but what do you expect when it only has a 4.6L. The Mustang out charmed and out handled the Camaro. Better gas mileage too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2010_chevy_camaro_ss_vs._2010_ford_mustang_gt_2009_dodge_challenger_r_t-comparison_tests/2010_ford_mustang_gt_page_4

pfft. Theyre all muscle cars...first place should go to the most power with the least amount of handling...dodge wins hands down :)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • halen
    halen Posts: 707
    Bump. Memory lane.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Where do these old threads hide?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,224
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Where do these old threads hide?

Same place as you old people...memory lane :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Ah yes. A trip down nostalgia lane. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,124
    I think I'd dig a Roush Mustang now after reading the first post...

It took me a minute and a few more posts and comments read before... I noticed it was from 2010. :D

That Roush mustang might be cheaper now ,or is it?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,245
    I seen a Shelby Raptor F150 at the Ford dealership yesterday..... I WANT ONE!! it was totally BA ...sigh way out of my price range :'(
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,895
    edited July 2019
    My daughter has a 2001 F150 SVT Lightning. That thing is a blast to drive and yes it is red.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,555
    We've been having an interesting (well, I think it's interesting) discussion about cars/driving Someplace Else lately.

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/best-day-of-the-decade-new-corvette-reveal.5117/

Definitely some different schools of thought.

I think I am Jonesing to pick up a Subaru 360, myself. ;)
    fpx02imd7roc.png

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I seen a Shelby Raptor F150 at the Ford dealership yesterday..... I WANT ONE!! it was totally BA ...sigh way out of my price range :'(

If I told you my mother in law owns one, would you believe me? I just happen to be driving to her house now.

She’s a dummy with her money. :s
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,245
    mrbiron wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

If I told you my mother in law owns one, would you believe me? I just happen to be driving to her house now.

She’s a dummy with her money. :s

pictures or it didn't happen :p

I'm not too hip to the new plastic oil pans.
  • mrbiron
    rxsnshizhnjm.jpeg
  • mrbiron
    Sorry for being so late. I starting drinking at 10am and immediately after, got in the pool. ;)
  • txcoastal1
    Sorry for being so late. I starting drinking at 10am and immediately after, got in the pool. ;)

Why....did you feel dirty?
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• mrbiron
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Why....did you feel dirty?

Nope...it’s like swimming in a gigantic toilet. Why get out...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,555
    Hmm... I wonder what Carroll Shelby woudla thunk of pick-'em-up trucks bearing his name?

Just musing, you know?

:p

• txcoastal1
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Hmm... I wonder what Carroll Shelby woudla thunk of pick-'em-up trucks bearing his name?

Just musing, you know?

:p

If your family received royalties off the Hardy name, would you be happy or roll over in your grave?

Just musing, you know? ;)