Got my second Pair of SDA2B's Friday

Options
peckgary
peckgary Posts: 37
edited May 2003 in Speakers
Hi Guys,

Got my second pair of SDA2B's friday to use as my rear speakers. All I can say is wow what a difference it made. Unfortunately Fedex must have played football with them, because I had to spend 5 hours fixing the crossovers. Thank God I now how to do a little soldering. Boy was I bummed when I turned them on and the tweeters did not work. After about 5 hours of tearing everything apart on both speakers I found the problem.

Know I just need to find the best place to put them and keep the wife happy with a nice walkthrough area. I may have to compromise darn it.

I also got the SDA cable to work for my front speakers. I had to put an isolation transformer in it because my Adcom GFA-5500 is not a common ground amp. They sounded rather badly when the SDA cable was plugged in. So overall the weekend has been pretty good since the new SDA2B's arrived not work.

Gary
Post edited by peckgary on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,848
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Gary,

Congrats on the getting the 2nd pair and solving the interconnect problem. I betting you have that famous SDA :D from ear to ear.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,098
    edited May 2003
    Options
    ::Unfortunately Fedex must have played football with them::

Man, I could only imageine 100+ pound speakers flying from the Fedex factory to the fedex truck! lol! I could imagine them yelling ::Ooo Big Fedex man running for the touchdown, and oooooooo he fumbles!::
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.