How much would you pay for revive an old set of polks?

Options
fj_az
fj_az Posts: 22
edited February 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm at a dilemma here. I have my dx6510 6.5 comps. One Mid is making this horrible rattling sound now. I contacted a couple of guys on craigslist and they want 141 shipped to AZ. All I need is a mid!! Re-evaluating my situation I might just go with the db651. If it where 25 shipped to my door I would be all over it. Looks like my DX will never be played again:(
Post edited by fj_az on

Comments

• fj_az
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I live in a rural area the nearest stereo shop is 130 miles. Taking a trip to see them would be pricey when you add in gas and food. I emailed CS they haven't got back to me yet.
    I'm thinking of getting some db6501s I have them in the front or I might go coaxial. What do you think?
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you're running them off the hu, the 651 are fine. if you're running an amp go for the components.
  • fj_az
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If it were just entirely up to me I would get a 4 channel amp but its not. The vehicle I am looking to put rear speakers in is an FJ. Anyone own one or even ride in one? Awesome offroading vehicle only problem not a lot of cargo room. I might just get the 651's in the end. Thanks for the input.