Putting Together a 'Wire To Buy List' for the year.

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,089
This is what I have put together, tell me what ya think.
The links to the direct items dont work forever, they eventually say page has expired, so you will have to find them yourself if you are curious... www.accessories4less.com

IXOS 6007P 15GA SPEAKER WIRE FT - 6003US.jpg

IXOS 1182 BRONZE SUBWOOFER CABLE 3 METER -
1182L.jpg

AR HT131 PRO SERIES RCA AUDIO CABLE 6FT -
HT130_T.GIF

AR HT161 PRO SERIES A/V CABLE 6FT -
HT160_T.GIF

AR HT171 PRO SERIES DIGITAL COAXIAL 6FT -
HT170_T.GIF

AR HT140 PRO SERIES Y 1 FEMALE TO 2 MALE -
HT140_T.GIF

IXOS 204 STACKING BANANA PLUGS 2 PAIR -
204_T.GIF

IXOS 207 SPADES W/DUAL SET SCREWS 2PAIRS -
207_T.GIF

AR HT121 PRO SERIES S-VIDEO CABLE 6 FT -
HT120_T.GIF

Here is my audio upgrade plans, tell me what I need, dont need, what I could change, etc. However search for the price and that is the price I wont spend over, so dont recomend something out of this world!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Hey dude, sorry to rag on you a little about cables in that other thread.

I can't say anything about those IXOS. I've never heard them.

As for the AR stuff, I don't think you'll hear that much of a difference. Save your money for some entry level interconnects.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/productdetail.asp?sku=KKTON%2E5&product_name=Tonik%20Interconnect%20Cables

I haven't heard these ones either, they're a newer line. I have heard the next step up in Kimbers, PBJ. It may seam like a lot of money but it's well worth it.

Derick.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Trey,
    Did you look at http://www.signalcable.com/ ?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Yeah, Im not going over 30 dollars a cable, Signal is way too expensive!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Understood...

Check out the bottom of polka's power cord thread... looks like tony nabbed some IXOS...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Will do, Russ is making me some speaker wire, who knows what speaker wire ill end up with! lol! I think its MIT wire.........@_@ i dunno! Will see!
  • TonyPTX
    TonyPTX Posts: 545
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Sure did. The IXOS Gamma 6007P can be had for 69¢ a foot. Not bad for a braided 15 Ga wire.
    Damn....8 lines...I've gotta put my sig on a diet now....
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited May 2003
    Options
    I recently bought the IXOS 6007P and some IXOS 6003W 13 gauge to bi-wire my mains and center and a straight run to my surrounds.

Also picked up the Banana Plugs that you have pictured (also IXOS) and an IXOS 1703 Gold Component Video cable,all came from AC4 Less.

I will have to say that I am very pleased with the products and the performance. Also very happy with the service of AC4 Less.

But,these are all my conceptions,a man who knows dick about Audio Video...I will also say that I plan on upgrading all my interconnects to IXOS Gold cables,look and "feel" like good quality,for the price.My eyes and ears can tell a BIG difference,at least from the wire and cable I was using before.

By the way,Rooster turned me on to the AC4 Less site,and I've been wanting to say "Thanks"....
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Just to give you a heads up, RS has a bunch of stuff at closeout right now. I picked up 2 pairs of 3' cables for $4.97. Actually I picked up 2 packages. They're shielded and gold plated. I liked them more than my Monsters in a blind shootout.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • VR3
    edited May 2003
    Options
    Ya wanna know the sad thing...thats the cables I have!!! Nobody likes them!!! lol!!!
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited May 2003
    Options
    i think ar is a better cabble dollar for dollar going aginst monster cabble. they are as good as monster cabble but dont have their hi-end line like monster. byt you can get ither stuff as god or better that is not monster like better cabbles.