i need help

atanner
atanner Posts: 5
edited February 2010 in Car Subwoofer Talk
well i have 2 12 inch mtx thunder 6500 and a 2000 watt lanzar amp. everythings hooked up right but when i turn up my amp to high the subwoofers make weird noises and they start making bass but not to the song and then my battery will die. everyhting is hooked up right. i had an expert look at it and he doubled up the speaker wire for positive and negative and it works now. but should i get a new amp ? or will it be fine ? please help
Post edited by atanner on

Comments

• zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2010
    a new battery seems appropriate to me if it dies that fast. if everything is working fine now and you like it theres no need to replace anything, but IMO Lanzar has never really been known for high quality.
  • hifonix
    hifonix Posts: 13
    edited February 2010
    Lanzar amps old school ones anyway were pretty tuff amps ! The old optidrive 50c etc were really nice amps that being said could you post the model and approx year of the amp? Doubling the speaker wire should have had no change unless you were running a really small gauge speaker wire. The power issue may be under powered charging system, small gauge power wire starving your amp. Please give us all the specs on your system example, stock alternator, 4gauge power wire, stock batterey, # of amps
    Pioneer 4900ib
    Polk MMC6500 6.5" 1xfront doors 1x rear deck
    Polk MM6501 kick panels
    Polk SR104 X2
    Hifonics BLDP-1 balanced line driver
    Hifonics Olympus 125wx4 (front)
    Hifonics ISIS 300wx1 (rear)
    Hifonics Zues 1200wx1 (sub)
    Hifonics Zues 1200wx1 (sub)
    Excessive amperage 200amp alternator
    Kinetik HC2000 rear battery

Favorite quote
    "those can not be 10"'s you have 12's"
  • Endesereth
    Endesereth Posts: 18
    edited February 2010
    You may also have to double up the batt because im pretty sure they can only put out i think 1000 watts per battery
    Receiver:Yamaha RX-V363
    Center:Klipsch RC-3
    Fronts: DIY #01EN or Klipsch XF-48
    Surrounds:Klipsch KG 4.5
    Subwoofer left:Polk Audio PSW-110
    Subwoofer Right:Klipsch KSW-12
    Subwoofer Center: DIY DAYTON titmk3 400