Good EQ's

Keske944
Keske944 Posts: 134
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey all. After I get my system up and running I am thinking that I may want an EQ. Any suggestions out there for a good quality SQ EQ that would give me perfect control? I am thinking about the Orion 30 band digital EQ but wanted somone elses take on it. If not that I was also considering the 30 band Audiobahn EQ as well. I know taht the Orions go for about $400 on ebay so I am looking at things in that price range.

Any suggestions would be great.

Adam
Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
Post edited by Keske944 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    Audiocontrol EQT is the standard by which most others are judged these days -- its also the 'standard' for competition... they're about 200 each on ebay i think -- and you'll need two for your system. the EQT only hooks to one channel... so you need one for your right channel and one for the left --- this is assuming you dont want to wire it into your subwoofer preamp output as well (in which case you'd need 4 of them).

either way... they're like 32 band, and they do really give you PERFECT control.

www.audiocontrol.com -- download the manual... its killer. and i think you'll be much much much more impressed with it rather than the audiobahn or orion.

analog rocks -- digital sucks. just my opinion (and everytime u do something digital you have to convert the signal from analog to digital -- alter it with your seetings -- and hten convert it back to analog -- along the line SOMETHING loses quality).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Keske944
    Keske944 Posts: 134
    edited May 2003
    Hey PBD,
    What do you think of the 31 band Crossfire eq's? Are they any good? If so I have a line on two of them (one for each channel left and right) for around two hundred. Let me know what you think.

Adam
    Patience... patience...

Screw patience... Crank the volume and floor it you panzie.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    i haven't used anyhthing like either the audiocontrol or the x-fire -- i'm not that deep into stuff... however, i've herad one guy give a great testimonial on the X-fire 30+ band EQ... you can email him at DDGPON20S@aol.com ... his name is Lee, tell him I told you that he could give you advice on teh X-fire EQ deal and i'm sure he'll give you something to work with.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge