Coffee table

Montoya
Montoya Posts: 506
edited February 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
How many of you have a coffee table in your two channel area? I just got one it doesn't seem to have any bad effects on the sound but I have heard varying opinions on them. I suppose it depends on room acoustics.
Post edited by Montoya on

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,891
    edited February 2010
    I have one in mine no problems here. I have even taken it out just to see if there was any difference, I found none.
  • Montoya
    edited February 2010
    I did the same thing dragged it away a few times to some recordings I'm familiar with and no different results.
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited February 2010
    It shouldn't really affect much, as long as it's a reasonable distance away from the speakers. I've got a coffee table in my 2 channel area, and it doesn't affect the sound.

I've tried moving it in and out a few times, and have noticed no differences.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    edited February 2010
    I thought that is what you are supposed to use a lage subwoofer for..

LOL
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • chandler9a
    chandler9a Posts: 877
    edited February 2010
    Never even thought about that but I think it would be fine as long as its not too close to the speakers. I'll have to experiment with that one
  • Montoya
    edited February 2010
    I read that glass top tables can have unwanted effects on reflections in the room. I don't think this is relevant for all setups obviously all rooms are different.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,308
    edited February 2010
    I do not have a coffee table due to the fact that at least in my listening room, there are unwanted changes to the sound.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~