headunit problem

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have an older model jvc head unit
not too old
but now everytime i turn my truck off and when i get in it the next time the settings are changed...the bbe(bass enhancement) is set to 2, the bass is set to 2, and the treble to 0
any ideas?
it just started a few days ago
just my luck...i was fixing to sell the damn thing when i get my new one in hopefully sometime this coming week
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    i thoughtu had a pioneer cody?

oh well.. uh usually when u lose your settings it's because the power wire for the radio is hooked to the switched/ACC line instead of to battery power.

or... maybe something happened to the deck -- smack it or something lately? hit any big potholes?
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited May 2003
    well this just started happening a few days ago so it wont be b/c the wiring is switched
    im getting a pioneer....the deh p940...but dont have it yet..its on backorder...hopefully sometime soon
    im not ruling out the pot hole thing
    every now and then ill hit something to hard...and my tires are about the biggest i can fit and so theres not a lot of room b/t the tire and the fender
    i switched batteries today to an energizer...1000ca i think
    i shouldve checked if it kept doing it
    maybe all it needed was to be disconnected from the battery or something for some weird reason
    but it still works fine...cept it changes my settings
    waitin on the new radio...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited May 2003
    those energizers are nice dude -- i ran all 5 amps at the drive in for 4 hours at 3/4 volume and didn't even come close to dropping voltage with two of those energizers. i assume it'll hold up as well with the new amps.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited May 2003
    called electronicscity.com today...should have the pioneer deh-p940 by friday or monday
    im going to turn the gain up on both my amps to my subs and components too..not loud enough
    with this new radio...im going to be 99% pleased
    next in line for the system
    pioneer xm tuner/antenna/wiring
    then another 1 farad cap
    bass lights
    and ill be done
    for now
    i think...
    then when the momo 4x6s come out...ill get a pair of them and another amp to power them
    can u hook two amps to one cap?
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited May 2003
    cody - the cap goes on your main power line.. then your distro block comes off the cap and splits into as many amps as you want. or... you can just skip the distro block and use ring terminal clamps to hook each amp up to the cap(s)
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited May 2003
    im having problems with www.electronicscity.com
    first of all, they didnt have the radio in stock
    so i ordered it anyways and they said theyd get them in in about 2 weeks
    2 weeks later
    call them up
    well heres what they tell me
    the po box number is not on the credit card
    only the physical address
    so they wont ship it to the po box until i get the po box added to the credit card as an alternate address
    have any of you heard of that before?
    i think its a load of ****
    with all the companies ive dealt with via internet...crutchfield..carstereotime... onlinecarstereo...sounddomain...ive never had that problem
    and why didnt have all the billing information figured out 2 weeks ago when i first made the order so if something was wrong i could correct it
    this site was lower than any other by $50...but i wouldve paid the extra $50 to carmedia1.com and had my radio a week ago then go through this...
    grrr
    thanks for the info on the cap
    im going to hook up a 1 farad cap to the amp power the mm6s and to the amp for the momo 4x6s when i get the speakers and the amp
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited May 2003
    the po box thing is common only in this sense.. sometimes they wont ship to any address other than that on the card because they're afraid they'll ship and then you'll say u never got it - get a refund from your CC company and they'll never get the goods back -- its happened in the past and small companies dont like to absorb that kind of a hit.