break in on DX10-8 subs...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited May 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
wtf is the break in procedure... i normally dont bother... i usually just juice it up and go and worry about damage later... but I'm too broke, too lazy, and too well.... u get the idea... to re-do these...

what is it like 20 hrs? ... so I can just leave them playing some billy joel with like 150 watts on them for like 20 hours straight and i'm good?

they've been goin for about 4 hours now ---... only 16 to go... heh heh... thank god for dual batteries... u know u have enough juice when you can run about 300 watts for what seems like an indefinate amoutn of time and your Voltage doesn't drop below 12.5
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited May 2003
    what i did on my momos was just play at a reasonable level...like 25 or so on my head unit
    i didnt break it in all at once though
    it took a few weeks of just normal driving...then i turned it up to 35 for a week...then after that they were broke in good enough...that and i was getting impatient
    i think thats what happened with my first pair of momos....i didnt break them in right and cracked the spider on both
    im not sure if i would break them in all at once though
    i would try to do like 4 periods of 5 hrs if i could
    kind of like it gives everything time to settle...then break it in some more
    but thats just me
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited May 2003
    ia gree, after 5 hrs voice coils get hot whether u play em hard or not... last night i gave em like 6 1/2 hrs... today imma give em like 4 or 5

do that for another 2 days and i'll call it quits. i just didn't want her drivin off to maine in june and not having played the things at all turn it up on high for 12 - 14 hours with some low note rap and pop a sub.

me thinx the 5 hours / 4 days plan will work

thanx :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge