Tweeter Placement

Options
2»

Comments

• jay27
    jay27 Posts: 105
    edited April 2010
    Options
    For the first time, I tried placing tweeters in the stock location of my Civic (in the front corners of the dash with the tweeter facing up toward the glass).

Strangely enough, this was by far the best location! Over the past year, I've placed tweeters in just about every feasible location. Funny how the last location I try, the stock location no less, was the best.

I haven't tried the SR tweeters in this location yet, because I was afraid they wouldn't work well off axis (I assume this would be considered off axis when reflecting off glass?). I put some Boston tweeters in there and everything opened up with that location. I've tried the same Boston tweeters in other locations and it didn't work nearly as well.
  • arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think Mac ran his tweets at the same location in his accord. With the sr tweets you will want to get them more on axis. Dome tweets have a wider dispersion and hence would do ok a bit more off axis as well.

Swap the boston tweets with the sr and see how it sounds.
  • TakeTheTime
    TakeTheTime Posts: 249
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes, the SR's tweets sounds GREAT on-axis! :)
    Pioneer P88RS-II | Polk Audio SR5250 | JL Audio 12w6v2 | 2x Genesis 3 Stereo 100 | Genesis 3 Monoblock