Been Lurking For along time decided to join in

Options
peckgary
peckgary Posts: 37
edited April 2003 in Speakers
I have been lurking in the Polk forums for quit a while and decided to join in. I have been into Polk Audio Speakers since about 1989 and have enjoyed them very much.

I also have to say that their customer service is great.

It has been fun and informing to read everybody else post and thought that I better start contributing.

Below is what my system currently consists of:

Mains: SDA2B's
Center: CS350
Rear: LS/Fx bipole/dibole
Front Sub: PSW1200
Rear Sub: PSW150

Preamp: B&K Ref 20
Main Amp: Adcom 5500
Surround 3Ch Amp: B&K 1430 II
CD: Adcom GCD-750
DVD: Pioneer
TV: 36" Proscan

Gary
Post edited by peckgary on

Comments

• izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Welcome Gary, hope you will enjoy the experience of writing here. You have a pretty good system there, are you planning to add pictures any time soon.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Nice rig Gary.

What are the ratings on those amps power-wise?

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • peckgary
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I will try and take some pictures with a digital camera and post them.

The Adcom 5500 is 200 watts into 8 ohms and 350 into 4 ohms the B&K 1430 II is 125 watts into 8 ohms and 185 into 4 ohms.

I have been toying with the idea of upgrading the surrounds because I think they are the weakest link in the system, but I am not sure what to upgrade them to yet. Any recommendations.
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Oh man...you've been in the club since July 2001 that was
    long enough to look around. I have been looking around for only about 2 or 3 months:)

BTW, WELCOME we need your ideas, just like everybody else.

Har
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Gary,

Welcome to the forum and the SDA Club.

If you can find some RTA 11T's or RTA 8T's they would be a good match with the 2B's.

F1
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• har_navalta
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Actually Jesse, there is one available right now at ebay of RTA 11T
    here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3021151002&category=14993

Har
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited April 2003
    Options
    wecome to the forum peckgary,

and you have a nice system. you can post your system in the
    system pictures showcase or the the forum posts.
    why did you wait so long to post.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • peckgary
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I have not posted before, because I generally like to keep a low profile. Call it occupational hazard. I am in charge of an email server with 20,000 accounts at the university where I work at. The less that I am seen and heard of, the better it is for everyone :-)

So in a sense I have gotten in a bad habit of just listening. But since I like Polk Speakers so much, I thought I would try and break some of those bad habits
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Welcome to the forum, don't be a stranger.....anymore that is :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Just a shout out Gary - great gear you have there!!!!!
    Nice to have another PSW1200 owner with us. Now are you using it to hold up that 36 incher????? ;)
    Just a little tiny small tv jab. ;)
  • F1nut
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Gary,

Check out the link Har provided above, they look brand new!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• peckgary
    edited April 2003
    Options
    The speakers look great that are on Ebay, but the wife told I had to wait a while. She said that I had spent enough so far this year on stereo upgrades. I added a monster cable line conditioner/voltage stabilzer and upgraded my Adcom 555II amp to the Adcom 5500 amp so far this year. She keeps telling my it sounds good enough, but I keep telling her it could sound so much better if you would let me upgrade something :-)

When I got the PSW1200 she about died when we watch U-571 when the depth charges went off. I had the sub a little to loud and pictures on the wall were buzzing:-).

I also would like to get a bigger tv, but I do not have alot of room left. The SDA2B's TV and PSW1200 pretty much take up a whole wall.

I am working on taking some pictures and will post them in the system showcase.

Its been fun talking to you guys,

Gary
  • peckgary
    edited April 2003
    Options
    The speakers look great that are on Ebay, but the wife told I had to wait a while. She said that I had spent enough so far this year on stereo upgrades. I added a monster cable line conditioner/voltage stabilzer and upgraded my Adcom 555II amp to the Adcom 5500 amp so far this year. She keeps telling my it sounds good enough, but I keep telling her it could sound so much better if you would let me upgrade something :-)

When I got the PSW1200 she about died when we watch U-571 when the depth charges went off. I had the sub a little to loud and pictures on the wall were buzzing:-).

I also would like to get a bigger tv, but I do not have alot of room left. The SDA2B's TV and PSW1200 pretty much take up a whole wall.

I am working on taking some pictures and will post them in the system showcase.

Its been fun talking to you guys,

Gary
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Deju vu all over again...

Welcome Gary... :)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    edited April 2003
    Options
    There's an echo in here. :lol:

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I don't about an echo, I could have swore I heard a whip crack though.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • har_navalta
    edited April 2003
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: I'm sorry I can't stop laughing...maybe that's the
    impact of the PSW1200 though.
  • F1nut
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Yeah RuSs, I heard that too........ waffen081.gif

President of Club Polk