Hz and khz....

Options
Looks like if I want a good answer this is the place with the experience. Im not sure if this post belongs on here but it does have to do with my RT1000i's or all my Polks actually. When setting up my receiver(Sony STR-DE945) it wants to know the khz and hz for each speaker(ie:Front bass/mid/treble etc.) I would assume that alot of you have already done this and found the proper settings. I can definately tell when somthing doesnt sound right but I dont have the ear to adjust it to be where it should be...Is there a recommendation for these speakers or a certain level they should be at? Just when you think you've got it.....BAM!!! Squished again.....Thanx!
AVR: Onkyo TX-SR604/s
Front: Polk Rt1000i
Center: Polk CS400i
Surround: Polk FX500i
Subwoofer: Polk PSW110
Post edited by bionicmushroom on

Comments

• izafar
    izafar Posts: 814
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Not sure I quite understand your question, but I assume you are talking about EQ setings. If this is the case then my reply would be to leave all of them at 0.
    -izafar

Goldenear Technology Triton 1 - Benchmark AHB2 - Benchmark LA4 - Auralic Vega - Auralic Aries Mini - Marantz TT-15S1 - Clearaudio Nano
  • bionicmushroom
    bionicmushroom Posts: 73
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I guess it wants to know the crossover freq. for each speaker? I try to do it by ear but I have to be honest...I really dont have a clue. I just figured someone would know alot more about it here and I might hear somthing that I have been missing. My speakers I am trying to get straightened out are as follows-

Front: RT1000i's

Center: CS175i (will be replacing soon)

Rear: F/X500i's

Sub: soon..very soon..
    AVR: Onkyo TX-SR604/s
    Front: Polk Rt1000i
    Center: Polk CS400i
    Surround: Polk FX500i
    Subwoofer: Polk PSW110
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2003
    Options
    you can go to the polk audio web site for recent speakers and it willl give you the hz and kHz for all the polk speakers.

here is the info for your RT1000i's

Overall Frequency Response 25Hz - 26kHz Lower -3dB Limit 36Hz Upper -3dB Limit 25kHz

Nominal Impedance 8 ohms

Recommended Amplifier Power 30 - 250 w/channel Efficiency 90 dB Crossover
    (mid-high array) 2kHz; 1st order low pass, 2nd order high pass.

Plus 80Hz 6 dB/octave high pass filter Crossover (subwoofer) 80Hz, fixed
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: