hookups

Options
bubby500
bubby500 Posts: 3
edited October 2001 in Technical/Setup
Hi,

I was wondering what would be the best way to connect RT3000's and RT1000's to the LFE channel and using my reciever to use the high level input on the back of them.

Thanks
Post edited by bubby500 on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I think I understand your question. there is a bridging bracket on the back posts...take that off..run speaker wires from your amp to the high inputs..and run a sub cable from the sub our or L.F.E. output...every polk powered has an input and an ouput...so the cable would go from your amps output to the input of the powered tower..then run another from the output to the next.. etc....

It also talks about this in the manual... anyway...hope that helsp..:cool:
  • bubby500
    bubby500 Posts: 3
    edited October 2001
    Options
    when you say bridging bracket, do you mean the jumpers on each speaker?
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited October 2001
    Options
    You might want to try a couple of different was to hook the speakers to your system. On is the way you are describing using the LFE port. The other is to turn off the sub on the receiver and run the subs using the L&R line level outputs on the receiver. This way you don't have the filtering of the LFE port. I tried my system both ways and I found that using the line level outputs sounded better. Good luck and you should use what sounds best to you.