Component Systems

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Okay, here's a question. I love the sound of the MM6's, and I need something just as good for the rears, but I want to go polk, and I don't want to run another full component set of MM6's on the back dash of my Jetta. Why is it that Polk does not offer just the midbass 6.5" separately? If this was available, it would be ideal for what I want on the back dash. Im surprised more people haven't asked the same question. Let me know if you see a MM6 component woofer in the near future for Polk/MOMO. Thanks alot...

Sincerely,
Geoff Bushold
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited April 2003
    It never hurts to check with Polk Customer Service. Give them a call or email them and see if you can buy a pair of just the drivers. they may not offer them publicly, but I don't see why they would not sell you a set for a special case such as yours.

Let us know how it goes.

Otherwise, you might want to wait until the Momo coaxials come out later this year. Maybe they will work for your rear deck.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    ..... polk DX 6510 midbass driver -- 75 bucks direct from polk last time i checked -- this midbass driver is very close to the MM6 midbass.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited April 2003
    POLK SELLS THE MM6 DRIVER (RD0067-1) FOR $100 EACH @ 800-377-7655.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    200 dollars for two midbass drivers? i'd rather get an **** with a plumbing sewer snake machine.

when i mentioned the 75 each for the dx middies -- it wasunder my old assumption that polk did not charge sales tax unless u were in their Maryland or Washington, and they didn't charge shipping... when i bought my 4 DX 12's from them I got free shipping and no sales tax. Now I snag one DX10-8 and i get nailed with shipping and a sales tax charge. 200 + tax + shipping .. hell 150 + tax + shipping, is rape for two middies.

you can get a FULL SET of MM6 components on ebay for like 150 shipped to your door new in box if u look. so buy em... take the middies out .. and sell the xovers and the tweets as "New in Opened Box" for 80 bucks. then it only cost u 70 bucks total for 2 middies.

used = cheaper.

if you're only going to use the woofers from the set, just buy a pair with liek blown tweeters or that were used but still work... save yourself a hell ofa lot of money.

don't feel that you're ripping off polk because you're not -- somewhere along the line, somebody paid polk wholesale for those speakers... whether they get sold at circuit city or on ebay is no difference, polk still got their cut.

i only say this b/c some dude told me the other day that buying off ebay was "ripping off the MFG" -- fact is.. its not. its just sending a clear message to places like circuit city that a 220% markup is NOT acceptable. (i dunno what markup is on the polk gear, but their markup on the 81000D is 220%).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2003
    The Momo 6.5 coaxials will be out soon.