freq response RTA15tl's?

Options
warlocks1
warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
edited April 2003 in Speakers
I am getting a pair of RT3000p's in a couple of weeks and need to decide where in my system I should put them. My current setup is: RTA15tl's front, CS1000p center, RTA11t's sides, RTA11t's rears, Sunfire MKII LFE, Yamaha subs for sides. My processor is a Lexicon DC2. If you are familiar with Lexicon, I am using the bass enhance mode and need full range sides. I will probably put the 3000p's up front , move the 15's to the side and get rid of the subs. I do not know the frequency response of the 15's. I would guess about 30 hZ +- 3 dB's. Any opinions? Thanks, Jeff
Post edited by warlocks1 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Jeff,

The -3 db rating is around 30Hz to 20kHz, but I'm going on memory. I use to have the specs, but I gave them to either Har or hotwheelman. If one of them doesn't see this, I'll send them a email.

Jesse
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    edited April 2003
    Options
    BTW, if you ever want to sell the 15TL's, please let me know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• warlocks1
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thanks. I might sell if I like the 3000p's. I am thinking about getting tid of all my RTA's and getting FX1000's. Would you be interested in any RTA11t's or RTA8t's? I will keep you updated.
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited April 2003
    Options
    RTA 15TL specs.

The frequency response is from 20hz to 26khz with
    the -3db limits of 35hz to 25khz
    Power handling is 250 watts per channel
    The impedance is compatible with 8ohms outputs
    and efficiency 90db.

1" dome tweeter
    4(four) 6.5" drivers
    2(two) bass radiators

If you want the 11TL's specs let me know.

Har
  • warlocks1
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Thanks Har. I am confused about the ratings. I have the manual from the 11t's and the response is rated from 22 Hz to 26KHz and 29 Hz to 20 KHZ +-3 dB. Why would the 11's have lower response than the 15's?
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by warlocks1
    Thanks. I might sell if I like the 3000p's. I am thinking about getting tid of all my RTA's and getting FX1000's. Would you be interested in any RTA11t's or RTA8t's? I will keep you updated.

i may be interested in you 8t's...
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • warlocks1
    edited April 2003
    Options
    HBombToo, where are you at in Missouri? My relatives live in St. Louis and I have family that drives there every month or so. Maybe we can work out a deal and I can deliver them to St. Louis. Email me at Warlocks1@aol.com. Thanks, Jeff
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Post some pics bro
    ***WAREMTAE***