thom...

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
justin - feel free to whipe this one after thom's read it -- you locked the post or else i'd have replied there...

talking one on one is quicker and usually better when you're talking to the right person... and like i said... both yourself and kim are more than capable -- and you dont give yourself enough credit...when you reply to posts you seem very capable of getting your point across well.

thing is with a car -- u've gotta talk your way around and listen to a bunch of vehicles / equipment before you're going to eitherbuy what you're really lookin for and is going to make you happy or even hope to build an enclosure / tune it to your needs.

that takes a bit of drenching yourself in a whole mess of opinions and trying on the one that u think will fit.

do i value these forums more than the speakers??

... YES.

why? well i can get a momo 12 new style for 150 new in box... old style for 100 or so, maybe les if i really dig... where else can i get the quality of audio banter that I get here? I dunno... NOPI? SBN? that's about it... I cant PAY for this type of conversation anywhere else...

I keep buying old polk stuff because I talk to people in here about new stuff (other brands) for lower prices and I come to the same conclusion -- the other stuff sucks... get the old polk stuff... its still good $hit.

My own personal experience w/ said cheapo new stuff (ie infinity reference subs) confirms that they suck -- and i want the polk gear.

far as whether or not you guys should come in here... if my opinion matters, then my opinion says yes... i dont know if i can speak for the vast group of ppl in here but i'd think that they LIKE it when they've got the polk guy saying one thing and then the customers chime in with an agreeing note -- or, on the time a customer poster disagrees... they both give their reasons and then the person w/ the question gets that whole perspective deal that i was talkin about earlier.

i think tha'ts the point as a whole -- thats what's good abotu forums... u get customers and employee's giving opinions.

hell i hate calling ID - -- the SOB that i called back in december sold me a line of BS about one of my subs -- so i went and installed it even though it had a different surround than the other one (bought a pair) and now i find out the stupid thing is recalled and that they end up firing this guy in january. so i fry a coil... have to rip the truck apart and send the thing back (tha'ts 3/4 of the reason i'm in a crap a$$ mood, i never envisioned blowing a 2000 wmax sub up)... no company is perfect, most will leave u floating in the wind (ie Audiobahn / JBL).

anywho -- i'm gonna stop my complaining. fact is... you guys put up a board at your expense and your time/labor to moderate it. that's your courtesy to the customers, and its not my place to throw a holy temper tantrum in the middle of it.

i said my piece, i'm done bitching... and i'll try to be a little more subdued in the future.

i have no issue w/ you guys, and i'm sorry if i nailed you to the wall a little to hard.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge