polk db6501 component set

nickery
nickery Posts: 2
edited January 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey guys well ive been looking at these speakers alot for my truck an the highs are great crisp an clear which is what i need because my subs over power everthing. my question is has anyone delt with sonic elextronics? there 100 bucks cheaper than abc warehouse. i sent abc a email seeing if they would honor the online price but they wont do that. i was looking at going with the db651 but there about the same price at abc as the component set. i woudl be amping the speakers with a kenwood kac 959 for now which i want to trade for a crunch 4 channel amp. what woudl you recomend. i got a call from abc a bit ago saying they could sell me the component set for 120 130 because they dont want me to file a claim for false advertisement which is what there doing. im pretty new to car audio so any help would be great.
Post edited by nickery on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,649
    edited December 2009
    Sonic is one of the best in the business. You shouldn't have any reservations about buying from them. Make sure you check prices at Amazon too. They had this set for as low as $97 recently.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • nickery
    nickery Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    ok casue abc was talking them down an everthing when they called me today so i want to be sure im getting new not refurb like they said it woudl be for that price. thanks
  • MCCLIPSE
    MCCLIPSE Posts: 176
    edited January 2010
    I've ordered installation kits and such from them and they're great. It's hard to beat their prices.
    Truck system so far...

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab Hemi

Kenwood KDC-X492 HU
    MM651 coaxials in doors

Family Room:

Panasonic TC-P50G25 50" Plasma
    Panasonic DMP-BD655K BDP
    XBOX 360 250GB
    Harman/Kardon HK3480(on loan)
    Monitor 70 Series II
  • chu
    chu Posts: 178
    edited January 2010
    check the serial number if it begins with an A and then continues with a series of number, its new: A########. And welcome to polk!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2010
    Id recommend buying from Crutchfield or straight off the Polk site. I just dont trust unauthorized retailers. You never know what youre getting. Repaired, remanufactured or outright knock offs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited January 2010
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Id recommend buying from Crutchfield or straight off the Polk site. I just dont trust unauthorized retailers. You never know what youre getting. Repaired, remanufactured or outright knock offs.

Good point