DB651 in a Jeep Wrangler

kosh
kosh Posts: 2
edited December 2009 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have some crappy 5.25 in the sound bar but I got the DB651's to upgrade my system. Anyone installed 6.5's in a Wrangler? If so, did you build a speaker box ? If so, how did you make them and where did you decide to install? I appreciate any help.

If anyone has suggestions on speaker boxes for these speakers, I would appreciate it. Everything I have found online about speaker boxes are for subwoofers. I will buy a set at jcwhitney if I need to but would rather have some flexiblity in the install location.
Post edited by kosh on

Comments

• arun1963
    arun1963 Posts: 1,797
    edited December 2009
    Mac and John would be better at answering your query. Have you looked at the option of kick panels? I'm assuming you can't mount your speakers in the doors.
  • kosh
    kosh Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    I have steel doors and have no desier to mount there. I take the top and doors off in mid to late March and put them back in late Oct. I would prefer to install them next to the rollbar by the backseat but I'm not married to that location.
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited December 2009
    If you have 5.25's in the sound bar then you can probably get the 651's to fit. You will have to use the 651's grill but it should be ok. The grill is held on by the mounting screws for the speaker and will not fall off even though its upside down.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited December 2009
    I don't know what year Wrangler you have, but I installed some of the GX series 6.5" in my in-laws 2000 Wrangler with no problems. I don't know how the mounting depths vary between the two speakers, but I wouldn't think they would be that different.

Good luck!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.