Getting a new nome built and need help!

pcgorilla
pcgorilla Posts: 39
I am getting a new home and will be having the builder wire it for 6.1 sound. Pretty nice. I will have 2 FXi50's in the rear with probably an R20 for rear center.

As for the front, I am stuck. I want to stay with polk. For my center I will have a CSi30 as a center and PWS 450 Sub. My TV is a Mits 65411.

My delima is, for the front speakers, I would like them small. I LOVE the flat look of the R7200/7600. I's pay $150.00 for each speaker, give or take a few $. I want to stay with an all polk system.

Are the fronts for the R7200's available by themselves ANYWHERE? The Rti28's are a bit bigger than I'd like in the front, but I just might bite if I find no alternative.

As for mounting, I was thinking of ceiling wired, with a bit of a drop/bracket, like a Ceiling fan drop, then hanging them off there.

I am attaching a photo of the model home. I'd love advice. By the way, in the model, they have the two ceiling speakers, just for showing.
Thanks
Post edited by pcgorilla on

Comments

• pcgorilla
    edited April 2003
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited April 2003
    I'd go in ceilings. A big (or small) speaker hanging down from the ceiling looks tacky. I know, I tried it. I'm not quite sure how you're going to get that TV to fit next to the fireplace. You may want to rethink the tv placement.
  • pcgorilla
    edited April 2003
    the TV spot is in a Niche, it is cut for big screens. I don't know how I should place the speakers though. The dimentions are perfect for my TV, so it cannot go anywhere else.. I's like small satellites to put for L/R
  • wallstreet
    edited April 2003
    Then I'd go with in ceiling like they've got it. KEF has an inceiling that drops down out of the ceiling if you want hi-tech. Otherwise, make sure you get aimable tweets at a minimum. Otherwise, you're highs will sound awful. I think all the new polks have aimable tweets. I prefer the rectangular in walls over the rounds for sound quality.
  • pcgorilla
    edited April 2003
    I just spoke to Polk Customer Service. They said I can buy the 7600 or 7200 speakers individually. I think I'll take the 7600's for the front and mount them on the wall.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    I'm in the process of upgrading to the LSi series and have 2 of the RM7600 sats and the RM7600 center that I would be willing to sell. I was thinking that instead of a R20 in the surround back position, you could use the built-in bracket on the 7600 center and wall mount it. I would do all 3 for $450.
  • pcgorilla
    edited April 2003
  • wallstreet
    edited April 2003
    Originally posted by pcgorilla
    I just spoke to Polk Customer Service. They said I can buy the 7600 or 7200 speakers individually. I think I'll take the 7600's for the front and mount them on the wall.

What does Polk want for the 7600's? They might be a good option for my back surrounds.
  • pcgorilla
    edited April 2003
    they want 249 for the 7600's and 149 for the 7200's