Rowdy Roddy Piper says: "IT LIVES!!"

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
... and how.

2 N-channel mosfets

2 1000uF capacitors

1 torroid (spelling) coil

and 10 hours of diagnostic / labor / another hour for painting...

and voila -- after 2 hours of straight playing to test it, the Blue Thunder Pro 754 runs like a F****** TANK.

There's days I wonder if I'm just lucky or if I'm just really this damn good. hahahahahahahaha...:lol::D

90 x 4 @ 4 ohms / 280 x 2 bridged @ 4... and it only cost me 17 dollars in parts and 5 dollars in terminal screws.

... Oh yes, I am just that damn good :):):):)

oh get this crap -- the 302 i had goin back to circuit city for repair -- the **** over there trashed the "new" (was prolly a refurb which would have been fine too) board ... put the LED turn on light on the wrong side of theboard... did some of hte worst solder work i've seen in my life, and burned some of the board itself.

Now I'm waiting (probably another month) for circuit city repairs in ohio to decide how they want to rectify my situation.

the guy didn't even use heatsink compound between the chips and the case... just put them on dry... wtf -- one good hour of playing and i would have melted half of them.

there's days i wonder how these people get jobs.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited April 2003
    Same way you got your job! Walked in off teh street like a schmuck and told teh guy doing the hiring "Hey...uhhh...I like need a job yo! I knows mah stuff so hook me up wit da skrilla fo mah skillz!"

Or something along those lines.

I think they hire those people so I can go and torture them. That has to be it. They have no redeeming value otherwise. Except maybe a heat source. Not a very economical heat source though.

I was surprised though. I went into Circuit City over the weekend looking for cross-overs for a friend. He wasn't with me because if I take him somewhere he starts wanting to buy what ever I point at and say "Hey now! That looks liek a nice unit!" It's real aggravating. Anyway, I went lookin' by myself. I was looking at a Power Acoustik (I think, can't remember, it was not very impressionable) and a Rockford Fosgate unit. A guy I came over and asked me if I needed help. I said yeah and asked him if he knew if there was a frequency range graph so I could see the drop off points for the cross-over network. He said he wasn't sure and he'd go ask his supervisor. His supervisor was a 20 something with a "know-it-all" attitude look on his face. He came over and started smirking and snorting like what I was asking for was a joke or something. The usual argument ensued to the point where the guy said "Alright, whatever, if you say so!" and rolled his eyes at me. Then he walked away. The guy who asked me if I needed help came over and said "Don't worry about him, nobody really likes him anyway. Can I ask why you wanted to see a graph of the frequency range curves?" I asked him "Shouldn't you already know that if you are working in this department?" He said he had just gotten the job and they said tehy would train him but they haven't yet. So I said "Tell you what, see if you can get a boxed item and bring it over here and we'll look at the schematics. So he goes, gets a box, we pop it open and start looking at the destructions. I explained to him what I was looking at and why. He stood there with me, listening intently and asking questions.

His supervisor came over a couple of times to ask if "there was a problem". It was quite aggravating and I finally said to the guy "Look, you wouldn't help me out, you only wanted to argue with me. I'm already unhappy with your service and I intend to let someone know about it. This guy right here is helping me out and I'm showing him something too. When I am finished, I will let him go, until then, you have two other guys here to help other customers. I suggest you make use of them." So the guy gives me a PFFT! in disgust and walks away. When we were done, I asked the guy who was helping me to see a manager. He was going to get a supervisor but I told him I wanted to see the store manager. So he goes and gets the manager. I spoke with the manager, praised the guy who helped me and bashed the guy who gave me a hard time. The manager apologized for the behavior, asked me to fill out a comment card and mail it in and told me that when I was ready to purchase the equipment I was looking at to come and see him. He would make sure the guy who helped me got the sales comission, even if he wasn't there the day I bought it and he would give me 5% off the total purchase. I was like cool beans! So now my friend is gonna get some nice equipment at a good rate. As the manager was walking away, he shouted, and I mean SHOUTED across the store for the supervisor guy to come with him.

I thanked teh guy for his help and walked over to video games. Went back to car stereo and paid for it there along with some fuses I didn't really need so the guy would get the sale. As I was walking out, I saw the supervisor guy walking out grumbling and getting into his car...at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I wonder if he was fired?

Anyway, point is, I was stunned to meet a Circuit City employee who was more interested in learning to do his job better than he was in arguing about something he didn't know anything about. That guy is gonna go far if he approaches everything that way! I'm certainly going to keep going back to him if he is that willing to help me out. Glad to see he got rewarded for his efforts too.

OK, that was a bit long but its nice to be proven wrong that not everyone at these jobs is a complete and total asshat.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    ahh see now -- i like that...

that is like the disney afterschool movie happy story... good to see somebody that's both willing to listen and caring enough about customers to a) open a box for u b) get his supervisor c) get a store manager.. intead of blowing u off.

i like people like that ... a lot ... becasue even if u disagree with them, you both end up coming out of the conversation smarter .. even if u spend your whole time teaching him -- best way to "know" something is to teach someone else, and i do believe people come to master a concept even better in doing so.

i gotta tell u a little story about this amp but its for a private email not a post --- so check your mail when u get a chance.

-vin
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge