Monster Z1 Wires.

setzer808
setzer808 Posts: 173
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone else out there is using Monster Z1 on their Polks. (I do not want to hear any "monster sux" or "lamp cord only" posts, just curious if anyone else uses this cable). I'd have to say my bass from my RT55i's tightened up nicely with the addition of this cable. Anyone else have a similar experience. I'm very pleased so far. Especially with getting ~$80 worth of cable openboxed for $49 at BestBuy.
Polk CS245i Center
Polk RT55i Mains
Polk RT25i Rears
Polk PSW-350 Sub -in storage.
Yamaha RX-V681 A/V Reciever
Sony SCD-CE595 SACD Player
Post edited by setzer808 on

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2003
    i have 2 sets of z1's and im very happy with them. i used to biwire my older set of 2.3's but i no longer do. thats a good price for a very good cable. i have had mine for almost 3 years and they are just like new,and they have been off and on quite a few speakers.

scott:cool:
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited April 2003
    Setzer808,

I have my 600i's wired with monster Z1 and the 400I center too, better than lamp cord IMO, I say if it sounds good to you then they must be doing the job, hipe and all!.

CRj:D
  • setzer808
    edited April 2003
    Glad to hear someone else has tried this wires. BTW, how do you get that little red "system" button on your profile when posting. I don't see one on my account though I have a system posted. Can I just not see it while logged in on my own account?
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
  • Ceruleance
    Ceruleance Posts: 991
    edited April 2003
    I can't see it either, why dont you try updating your system and see if it pops up. Either that or check in your profile for some setting
  • MichaelJ
    MichaelJ Posts: 47
    edited April 2003
    What is Monster Z1?
    I just added surround and center channel speakers, and bought a 100' roll of Monster XP to connect them. I figure that's an improvement over the 16-guage lamp cord I used before.
    Mains: RTA15T
    Front Center: CSi40
    Surrounds: FXi50
    Sufwoofer: Definitive Tech SuperCube I
    Audio: Onkyo TX-SR600
    HDTV: Mitsubishi 55" wide screen
  • setzer808
    edited April 2003
    Monster Z1 is a very nice "entry" level "reference" cable. Its a nice thick shielding around (I'm trying to remember, I think its braided 12 guage). A small variety of lengths and connections are available. Not bad cable at all.
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2003
    Yes you are certainly improving on your lamp cord Michael J. :) Z series is high end for Monster Cable.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2003
    I'm using it on all my speakers for now.
  • setzer808
    edited April 2003
    What lengths do you have on ur rears fireshoes? That much Z1 would be pretty expensive...also a very hard wire to route over such a long distance I'd bet. Wish I had enough to run all mine.
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
  • dthomps
    dthomps Posts: 352
    edited April 2003
    I am using Z1R for my mains and center. I have rt2000's and a cs400i. I really could hear a difference, and I was shocked. Not because the difference was huge, but because I thought that after reading all this about not many people hearing anything different, I certainly wouldnt. But just as you said the bass tightened up for me as well. The best part for me was the deal I got- $50 for 3 15' lengths, for the mains and the center. Not bad. Mike
  • jmasterj
    jmasterj Posts: 327
    edited April 2003
    I have Z1's on my RT1000i's soon to be LSi15's I hope.
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited April 2003
    Hey MichaelJ. Those speaker wires are good too. You didn't use them in your walls though did you?
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650
  • MichaelJ
    MichaelJ Posts: 47
    edited April 2003
    Originally posted by ChrisDurano
    Hey MichaelJ. Those speaker wires are good too. You didn't use them in your walls though did you?

Hmmm ... well, I was going to use them (Monster XP) in the walls, is that a problem? If so, what should I use instead?
    Mains: RTA15T
    Front Center: CSi40
    Surrounds: FXi50
    Sufwoofer: Definitive Tech SuperCube I
    Audio: Onkyo TX-SR600
    HDTV: Mitsubishi 55" wide screen
  • ChrisDurano
    ChrisDurano Posts: 372
    edited April 2003
    use some like ul/cl3 cables. They have an outer cover on them and they're to code.in wall cables
    Home Speakers polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired), CSi30, FX3000i, PSW250

Car speakers polkaudio EX 369, DB 650