Marantz 6300

Options
bolson
bolson Posts: 16
edited April 2003 in Electronics
Anybody out there have experience with the Marantz 6300? Will it have any problems with 4ohm speakers (ie LSi7's). Some of the reviews of Marantz gear I have read seem to point out some quality control issues.

Also, has anyone had experience buying from Accessories4less.com? Are there issues to be aware of with refurbished gear?
Post edited by bolson on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I don't have any experience with the Marantz 6300. I have an older Marantz SR5000 from 1999. I have never had any problems with my receiver.

What are the specs on the 6300? It is high current. I would think it wouldn't be any problem.

I just just buy some IXOS analog interconnects from Accessories4less. they got here very fast and they are great. That was my first purchase from them.. with this buy, I would have no problem buying from them again.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bolson
    bolson Posts: 16
    edited April 2003
    Options
    According to the sales pitch on the web site it does have "high current" power. Unless it is quantitative, I tend to ignore such hype.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Oh yeah i'm sure it's a high current receiver. Mine is. and mine is a few year older.

ANyone out there driving LSI's with a Marantz receiver?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • debussyj
    debussyj Posts: 198
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Hi,

I've used Marantz stuff for years. Consider me a diehard. I've never had any Marantz equipment give me any trouble. (Knock Wood) In fact, I have an original Marantz Model 22 Receiver driving my Polk RT-5's in my bedroom system and frankly it kicks butt. This receiver was built in 1970!!! Hmm, you were talking about the 6300, not sure what wattage that baby is. I personally have the Marantz Sr-9200 and it's driving a pair of LSI-15's (which I love more each day)! They seem to get sweeter as they break in. I would also have no problems with buying anything from Accessories 4 Less. He's a great up front guy. I would also not be uncomfortable with buying his factory refurbished stuff because I know it's in great shape. Believe me, I talk to the Marantz techs quite often. Some of the B stock stuff are units that were returned from customers who could not figure out how to use them.

Good God, imagine that!!

Colleen
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited April 2003
    Options
    Accessoires 4 less is now offering Marantz 7200 refurbished for $499! Great deal on a very nice receiver. They are also a internet Marantz dealer according to the webpage.

I bought some IXOS speaker wire from Accessories 4 less and had excellent service.

P.