rmds1

Options
djflash22
djflash22 Posts: 7
edited April 2003 in Speakers
could someone tell me if i messed up. i bought the center and 2 front satellites from the rmds1 system but did not realize that on the back of them states : for use with rmds1 system only. what is going to happen when i hook them up to replace my rm6000 center and fronts? thanks RMDS1
Post edited by djflash22 on

Comments

• setzer808
    setzer808 Posts: 173
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I hate to see you get now replies on this. Not sure if I can be much help. I'd assume that they would work with your system. The only things I'd worry about are the impedence, power handeling, and cross-over of the new speakers...but I'd bet they still work anyway, just that they are "designed" to work in their namesake setup.
    Polk CS245i Center
    Polk RT55i Mains
    Polk RT25i Rears
    Polk PSW-350 Sub -in storage.
    Yamaha RX-V681 A/V Reciever
    Sony SCD-CE595 SACD Player
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2003
    Options
    I agree, I don't see any issues with using them for that purpose. Have you emailed Polk about it? Use the customer support tabs in the main site for help if you still want a clearer answer.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • djflash22
    djflash22 Posts: 7
    edited April 2003
    Options
    i e-mailed polk support here is their response:The RMDS1 satellites do not have a built-in high pass filter, meaning they could be damaged if driven at fairly high playing volumes. You would have to add an in-line high pass filter to prevent damage. do i really need this if i set them to small and have the crossover set to 120? thanks for your help.