Momo speakers

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Will the any of these sound systems fit into a 2002 subaru wrx sedan?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    any of which soundsystems???????????

my girlfriend has a 98 suby 2.5 RS... has the same audio cutouts as the wrx i believe.

you've got 6.5" in back // 5.25" up front... we fit the polk dx 3055 components up front with no problem at all and the polk dx 6.5 are going to drop in back soon with no problems in sight...

so i'd safely say you can fit the polk momo 5.25" comps up front andeither the 6.5" momo comps or wait till summer and get the 6.5" momo coaxials... else u can do some GNX 6.5" coax in back.

far as subs... you've got enough room to do any of the following ...
    1- a single 10" momo in the rear deck with a sealed enclosure mounted in the trunk under the deck bolted up to the deck.
    2- two momo 10's or 12's in the trunk.
    3- up to 4 momo 10" subs across the entire length of the trunk in rear while still retaining about 2/3 useable trunk space for carrying cargo... you can mount amp(s) for the subs on the back or on top of the subwoofer enclosure you build for them... there's enough room.

we're doing two 10" polk subs, two fair sized amps, and a cap in her trunk within a few weeks. i dont expect any space problems whatsoever.

its not a huge trunk but its by far not the smallest one i've seen.

you might want to remove your spoiler and slip a patch of dynamat between the spoiler pillar and the trunk top and then rebolt it back together -- damn thing rattles like a **** when the bass hits unless u secure it somehow.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2003
    In the WRX you've got a 4" in the rear door, and a VERY shallow 6.5" in the front doors. We've done EX3560's in the front door with a spacer and it's a tight fit. The MM6 doesn't stand a chance unless you want to rebuild the door panel. When the new Momo coaxs come out you might be able to fit those in...
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    ouch -- my apologies for the wrong sizing...

if u're stuck w/ shallow slots up front, and i mean like shallow shallow lke Thom is saying, and u want a decent coax -- the old alpine SPS components might fit... they were about as slim as slim gets.

Also -- DEI makes a component with a magnet that's about the size of a quarter on the back of the woofer. They're probably the most shallow speaker i've ever seen. i dont remember the model, but i think sounddomain still has them, if not call aroudn to some DEI dealers and ask about old stock... they sound nice (not as nice as the momo or similar speakers) but they're better than coaxials... i was at least remotely pleased with them when i heard them.

secondly -- what about kick panels? I was wrong on door sizes so i wont make the same mistake telling you that you have room for kicks, but IF you do, it might cost you like up to 400++++ (maybe much less if u find a nice guy who isn't trying to make a killing on it) to have a set of GOOD fiberglass kick panels made for 5's or 6's but they'll last hte life of the car and they'll allow u to get that bigger speaker in the car.

if u wanna go cheap - q logic might make a Qform abs plastic kick panel for your car. these aren't as good as fiberglass kicks, but if you're using low power it wont be the end of the world... then again they're like 200 per pair -- for that price u might as well go glass.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge