what kind of amp?

whitey240sx
whitey240sx Posts: 15
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
now that i know my stuff wont blow, what kind of amp should ig et...4 chan, 2 chan...watts? etc to power 2 hx2's (punch)
Post edited by whitey240sx on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    RF 1000bd if u want to stick with fosgate.

any good mono 1000 watt amp will suffice.

mtx 81000d / JBL 1200.1 / Memphis and Autotek make a good product too.

if you want to go class AB 2 channel, you can get a USamps 1000(a / x depending on your voice coil config.. i forgot which one is 2 ohm stable).

or any other AB amp that is 1000 watts in a 2 ohm stable bridge.

the JBL's going to be your cheapest... but for what you're running i'd do the RF1000bd for two reasons.

1- better amp.
    2- the only other amp of that quality in that price range is the MTX and you dont want to mix the two brands, its like sleeping with your sister. people just dont do it...lol.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • whitey240sx
    edited April 2003
    haha thansk dodge, but some people do sleep withj their sister (not me) ahjah anyways yeha ill check those out forsho..keep it real
    Charlie
  • ChevyMan4x4
    ChevyMan4x4 Posts: 52
    edited April 2003
    Now that you know you not going to shatter glass you might wanna think about a memphis amp unless... you are going to stay with Rockford Fosgate but that is up too you. I just got my memphis about a week ago and could'nt be any more pleased with it, it puts out nice clean bass... I don't know the stats on your speakers but they sould be ok... Here the Memphis I would go with...

Memphis T-2000D
    1000x2@ 2ohms = 2000 Watts @ 14.4volts
    600x2@4 ohms = 1200 Watts @ 14.4
    1200x2@2ohm = 2400 Watts @ 15.5

ps- make sure that you run dual 4 gauge or 2 gauge that's up too you. And if you do decide on that memphis amp be careful cause it has blow alot of poor helpless GNX's lol.

Some Good Brands: Kicker, Rockford, JL Audio, Memphis, AudioBahn.
    Don't Even Bother Brands: Legacy, Bolt Audio, Thump

And on a parting note : Good Luck and may the bass be with you :p

Sir Daniel X. Boom - the GNX slayer
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited April 2003
    my bd1000 puts out 1200w rms on the birth sheet
    theyre underrated
    -Cody
  • whitey240sx
    edited April 2003
    yeah i was thinking ,memphis from the beggining! nice what do you guys think of bandpass boxes? i hear they blow out speakers easily..
    charlie
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited April 2003
    band pass box in a summary
    loud boxes...CRAPPY SOUND QUALITY
    i wouldnt use band passes...but many do
    its meant to make more spl
    another words...louder
    they dont blow out subs at all
    with a bandpass...you dont have to put as much power to the sub to make it as loud as a sealed
    but u can run the same amount of power to a sealed, ported, or bandpass....without worrying about blowing subs
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    if u build a bandpass i'll never speak to you again... and i'll sleep with your sister.

lmfao :)
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited April 2003
    what if i BOUGHT one from lets say...q-logic?
    :)
    -Cody
  • ChevyMan4x4
    ChevyMan4x4 Posts: 52
    edited April 2003
    Not to down your idea because it is whatever you want.. O I might not spell that well either cause it's 1:18 and I am REALLY tired but with a bandpass you get "Loud" loose bass. I myself like my 1.5 cubic foot per camber power wedge box it does the job really well.... It all depends what you want?? Do you want everyone else to hear your BOOM? Or do you wanna be able to enjoy tight accurate bass? :rolleyes:
    Sir Daniel X. Boom - the GNX slayer
  • whitey240sx
    edited April 2003
    yeah i know what you mean, sealed box is much mroe tighter and cleaner, bandpass is all over the place..haha im tired too, i jsut got back from the club...i love girls!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited April 2003
    we all love girls... especially young naked ones holding up large amplifiers or DD9515 subwoofers or something of the like.

cody -- you could HAVE bought one and hten changed your evil ways and disposed of/sold it... but if you still have it and use it and tell your friends how the Jensen sub in it "rocks", then you are henceforth banished from the round table...lol.
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited April 2003
    yeah see...if it were according to dodge, everyone that bought a bandpass would be the weakest link and voted off the island...lol
    i agree...:lol:
    -Cody