can my hatch back be blown out??

whitey240sx
whitey240sx Posts: 15
edited April 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey,,heres the thing, i have a 1990 240sx, its a hatchback, (big old window in the back) and i want to add another 10 in sub, equalling to 2 of them...but...someone told me i coudl blow out my window, is this true? how much bass can a window take??
Charlie
Post edited by whitey240sx on

Comments

• ChevyMan4x4
    ChevyMan4x4 Posts: 52
    edited April 2003
    Unless your running some killer 10's you sould be fine just running two.. I run a Blazer with 2 hardcore 12's it takes ALOT of SPL to pop a window out.. very few 10's push that kind SPL
    Sir Daniel X. Boom - the GNX slayer
  • whitey240sx
    edited April 2003
    rightnow im running hx2's but not at their fullest power
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    Punch or Power hx2's ??

punch are 500 / power are 1000 rms.

two punch hx2's are not anything to even give consideration to (far as blowing windows).

two power hx2's are certainly going to rattle the living hell out of that window if theyre pointed right at it, but i highly doubt you'll come close to busting them.

you have to be looking at 160-ish db's to start thinking about blowing windows.

150's isn't going to do it. two power hx2 10's in a little hatch back off 1000 watts each if u seal the hell outa the car and u vent the subs properly, you're lookin at low 150's. you're safe dude :)

that's going to be one slammin system though... hear you comin 2 blocks away. :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • whitey240sx
    edited April 2003
    thansk dodge and stuff!
  • ChevyMan4x4
    ChevyMan4x4 Posts: 52
    edited April 2003
    Nice one dodge could not have said it better myself... You have to be pushing some serious SPL to even thinking about poping windows out... Your window seals break at about 155.5 to 163.9 depending on how new the seals are... other than that you have to be at about 167.0 spl to pop out a window and trust me it's more trouble than it is worth no point it blowing windows out over bass it's just not worth it.
    Sir Daniel X. Boom - the GNX slayer
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2003
    sir boom...lol... blow any windows out with those gnx's you fried? lolol...

i wanna see a truck(conversion van) fulla DB subs (maybe 20?) with 750 watts on each, burped to high hell... see how loud that shizzle gets.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge